Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My favorite Fall / Winter Bass Lure
Since I am new to the forums, I though I would start out by sharing something that works for me with fall and winter bass.
This lure is deadly for me on deep reservoirs with deep points and humps when water temps are 50-60 degrees...so give it a try

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i14A3Plod4Y
[signature]
Good video, thanks for sharing with us.
[signature]
Glad you liked it, The underspin is definitely one of my go to lures for bass...works great on stripers too.
[signature]
I have used underspins often and I like them a lot for covering water. They are starting to get pretty creative and different makers are adding their own little twist to them.
Thanks for the video.
[signature]
I'll have to give it a try on Wipers next year, when the water warms up, too cold here now. What is the coldest water you have ever caught fish in, using the underspin?
[signature]
I tend to do best when the water is cooling from 60-50 degrees, but have caught fish in warmer water and colder as well.
[signature]
For SM Bass those temp are about right for catching them here as well but the bass I catch the most are wipers and they are the most active in 65 to 70 degree temps. As the was climbs into the 80* range we can still catch them but they don't seem to be quite as active or fight as good.
[signature]
Like your videos! Just started watching them and will start watching others you've created. So many anglers don't realize the value of modifying lures and coming up with unique designs that catch fish. You're videos are extremely important tools for anglers to see lure action and remind me of Glen Lau videos I loved to watch in the 80's. Too bad I only have them on VCR tapes but no machine that works to watch them on.

I've caught over a thousand fish on lures I've modified over many decades and find it the real challenge - not just catching fish on store bought lures.

Wish you had a website or YouTube page. I'd be commenting there almost every day!
[signature]
[quote SenkoSam]remind me of Glen Lau videos I loved to watch in the 80's. Too bad I only have them on VCR tapes but no machine that works to watch them on. [/quote]

There are several on line stores where you can ship your old VCR tapes and convert them to a usable format, like DVD's or even flash drives. I think you can even take them the WalMart and have them done but the last time I did it, I had it done at Legacy Box.
[signature]
Thanks, good to know. I also have many old movie classics in VCR format I'd like saved.
[signature]
Here is the pricing for Legacy box:
https://legacybox.com/pages/pricing
I think you can get 40% off by entering the Promo code Rush, for a limited time. Here is the pricing for your local WalMart:
https://www.dvdwalmart.com/services-and-...e-transfer
[signature]
At $40 a pop, the movies wouldn't be worth it considering the many sources for $10 or less DVD movies. The set of five vintage fishing tapes that include Homer Circle, R. Martin, Clunn, Glen Lau and Knowing Bass might be for sale somewhere.

If I can find someone with a working VCR, I could buy a video camera and tripod, record shows from my LCD TV and back them up on DVR discs or 64 MB memory sticks.

Thanks for the info especially for digitizing 8mm home movies recorded in the 60's by my mom.

For those that want to record fishing videos, Wondershare Video Converter is the way. I've started recording segments from 1Cast 1Fish and combined them to watch again for lure modification ideas. I store them online on IMGUR and a 32 MB memory stick.
[signature]
It isn't quite that expensive because I've done it twice now with Legacy box. I used it for old 8mm home movies and pics that were not digital. With the 40% off it was not bad and you can get three sets done, with their cheapest offer and get either two tapes and one set of pics digitized or two sets of pics and one tape. We had a bunch of old pics, I think you can do 25 pics in each set.
I think WalMart charges $25 for each tape. I just Googled it and now there are a lot more places that do it, I did not check their price but it looks like Amazon is even doing it now[crazy]. The lady at Walmart told me about Wondershare Video Converter, if I had more to convert, that would also be a good option.
[signature]
Thanks again. Will have to compare services.
[signature]
You have gain a subscriber! The undershot of that lure looks amazing.
[signature]
Thats awesome....thanks a ton
[signature]
Nice Video!! Thanks for sharing.
[signature]
A nice video. Thanks for sharing. At fall time, water bodies change according to season and also change the fish behavior.

At this time, bass fishing is getting joyful. Happy fishing!

EDIT: LINKS ARE NOT ALLOWED FOR NEW MEMBERS WITH LESS THAN 15 POST, SEE FAQ ABOVE FOR RULES ON THIS SITE.
[signature]