Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
inflatable boat Intex sea hawk 500

Fish Onnnn!!

I was telling TubeN2 about my inflatable boat. Have any of you used a inflatable boat for bay, lake or near shore kelp patty fishing. Any helpful tips! I know the basics on safety. Its 10 feet long. Its an Intex Sea Hawk boat.
Never used, still in the box. I've checked on line for safety tips. I can use a 3 hp Electric trolling motor with it also. Have any of you used a small craft before? What was your experiance with this type of fishing? What was good, and what was not so good on your fishing trip.

Thanks

Chum-bucket

E-mail addy

Fishon50@webtv.net
[signature]

Hey there chum-bucket,

If it's 10 foot long, and rigid, I'll bet a stern board could be rigged for a gasoline engine too. Of course, some lakes only let you use electric motors or certian types of 2 and 4 stroke engines. If your going to fish the kelp, you'll need a better or bigger engine for the ocean.

I personally don't like inflatables for the ocean as they tend to get blown around quite a bit but a sea anchor might take care of that. Out of curiousity, I'm gonna go see if its multi-chambered, shaped like a zodiac, etc.

JapanRon
[signature]
[shocked][size 2] Oh My!![/size]

[size 2]I don't think I'd put an inflatible on the ocean even on a bet.[/size]

[size 2]If the wind suddenly came up, you could be miles out to sea before you could regain control. A good, dependable, strong gasoline engine is needed for safety, and Coast Guard rules must be followed.[/size]

[size 2]Keep that boat for protected coves or bays where you cannot be swept out to sea.[/size]
[signature]

Hi again chum-bucket,

Upon checking out the model 300, 400, and 500, I'd don't think this guy is good for the salty brine. Even big likes where there's wind would be problematic.

Now, if you had a Zodiac 2 or 3 man model (the exact model used by half the worlds special forces (including our Navy Seals) but not 'hardened' for military use, I'd say happy fishing in decent weather and swell conditions. As said, it would be great for back bays, inner harbors, and fishing inside breakwater jettys.

JapanRon
[signature]