Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FIRST ICE 2017 Central WI Pike and Walleye
Had a great morning out chasing flags with some Automatic Fisherman out and some Finicky Foolers. Had about 15 flags total. Here's a video of the day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uC8I07M_lg4
[signature]
How thick was the ice you were fishing on? Looked to be some pretty good action. I saw both directions of the area you were fishing and it looks like a narrow arm of a lake[:/], does it open up farther down lake? It not, that place must be loaded with fish to do that good. How long was the eye, couldn't tell from the video.
[signature]
It was 3-4" but some of the guys further down were on less[shocked]. I'm not very comfortable on less than 2". Where we were fishing is a backwater of the Wisconsin River, so it opens up further down where you could see from the video. There's no current where we were so that's why it was froze over better. Walleye was 20.5". A few hours before we helped a guy by us pull up a 31" pike up from a jig rod, fun fight for him!
[signature]
Interesting info. Not surprised you threw the pike back but I was surprised you put the eye back, that would have been some good eating. Wish we could catch eyes here, when ice fishing, it happens but it pretty rare.
[signature]
[quote wiperhunter2]Interesting info. Not surprised you threw the pike back but I was surprised you put the eye back, that would have been some good eating. Wish we could catch eyes here, when ice fishing, it happens but it pretty rare.[/quote]

There's a slot on walleye here, so you can keep 15-20", but cannot keep any 20-28" and only one over 28".
[signature]