Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Marital Advice
When you order a 1000 maggots on eBay check the bag for holes before putting them in the fridge.
[signature]
Oh dude you need a place to sleep tonight? Sorry about that one... J
[signature]
Or when you put a tub of nightcrawlers in the fridge,make sure the lid is tight. [Wink]
[signature]
spikes calling them spikes is key to the mrs not knowing what they really are!
[signature]
I'm NOT coming to your house for dinner tonight.
[signature]
friend pissed his wife off and came home to trout dinner the next day.

Yep, it was his Sturgeon bait. Lol
[signature]
One reason I do at least half the cooking is that it changes the possessive pronouns. Instead of "her" kitchen, I can at leat assert it is "our" kitchen".

But, bait is always a different matter.
[signature]
Oh man, don't do that. I just about sprayed Mountain Dew all over my laptop! As one who put an eyeless perch in the bathtub because it was still alive after being on the ice half a day when I went to clean it, just to see how long it would survive, yeah I know the reaction from the wife. Thanks for the laugh. BTW, if you put a Mr. Heater in the doghouse, it's actually quite pleasant. [bobWink]
[signature]
Reading all the experiences here strengthens my resolve to find the very rare tougher, resilient adventurous sort of fisherlady to marry to be the mother of our future children and raise them to be survivors and free in the harsh times to come, but then that's why I haven't married, yet.

Does she exist?

Reference:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ndhidEmUbI
[signature]
LOL
You guys are hilarious!

Yes, RonPaulFan, we exist. Few and far between, though!

I got a little tub of wax worms. My nephew asked if they were for fishing. No, they were for eating! I heard they taste like pine nuts. Maybe that's if you eat them raw/live, which I don't quite dare. I cooked them in cookies, and they tasted like stale walnuts :/
[signature]
[quote Vivid-Dawn]LOL
You guys are hilarious!

Yes, RonPaulFan, we exist. Few and far between, though!

I got a little tub of wax worms. My nephew asked if they were for fishing. No, they were for eating! I heard they taste like pine nuts. Maybe that's if you eat them raw/live, which I don't quite dare. I cooked them in cookies, and they tasted like stale walnuts :/[/quote]

Julia,

I was in a Winco supermarket and saw large bags of dried mealworms sold as bird food. I'm sure fresh are best for ice fishing, but I was thinking that dried might be much more convenient, if they work.

The other guys are married to ladies offended by the sight of a worm or something as practical and important as fishing bait kept in it's proper place in the family refrigerator though I'm sure they have their redeeming qualities.

Good to know ("we exist"). Rare is no problem because there only needs to be one for me.

I know there might be a tiny bit of compromise. Friends have been telling me the meanest thing. Some have told me that Wonder Woman is a fictitious character!

Please join me for fishing or a movie. How about the Lara Kroft movie? That might be a while before it's in Theatres, so until then how about an ice fishing adventure?
[signature]
Hey, dried might work! You could just soak them to rehydrate them.

Hahaha! Ice fishing is where I turn into a typical woman. I'll sit in the truck, while you set up the shack, drill the hole, and get the place "warm"...then I'll sit there and complain about how cold it is, and can we go home yet after 10 minutes [Wink]
I love perch, but not quite enough to endure Winter for it LOL

I dunno... does Laura Croft have monsters or aliens in it? I want to see The Shape of Water Smile
[signature]
Julia and group,

I generally put no limits on buying anything for fishing, yet usually my ice fishing is without live wax worms and such because I want to learn what works with stored supplies as that better fits with ice fishing as a preparedness skill. I have quite a collection of Gulp and other scented commercially made lures and I've been experimenting to see if I could get good results with artificial lures even though I recognize that live bait generally has more success. I was thinking about the big bag of dried meal worms as a live bait alternative that is also suitable to storage and being ready anytime instead of having to stop by a store. The ice fishing attraction to me regarding preparedness is there will be no store and the whole point is to be able to provide healthy meals in the coldest part of winter when little else is available.

Regarding movies, message sent.
[signature]
[#0000FF]Taking along some dried meal worms might also double as a snack...if you get hungry while waiting for the stupid fish to bite. Hey, I used to fish with those little white marshmallows and always had something to munch on while it was slow fishing. Ditto with Velveeta cheese. Ahhh, the good old days. Not sure I'd wanna try that with Gulp goodies or some of the bottle baits.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]
Great stories, Pat, as usual. I suspect most of us have done similarly.

It reminds me of: "... At the end of the day, after rowing against a strong wind that picked up, I used that pound of shrimp in my pressure cooker to make dinner. ..."

Referenced post:
http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/gfo...mp;#765847

Ronald Smile