Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pineview Ice
Hey folks the 2nd best time of the year is upon us (the first being elk season), has anyone been up to Pineview and seen the ice if there is any? Was hoping to give it a go this Saturday
[signature]
I drive past there today, it’s capped but idk how thick it is. There were people ice skating on it so I’d assume it’s safe.
[signature]
Drove past lol.
[signature]
Thanks for the pictures. I wouldn't think a duck would be safe on that ice.
Those crappy will be safe for awhile.
[signature]
Those ice skaters are nuts. That ice can't be more than 2 inches.
[signature]
Thanks for taking my picture that was me sitting on the docks in your first pic. Fishing was amazing 4 inches of ice. Perch fishing was amazing I have not seen it this good in forever. Caught hundreds. 40 over 10 plus inches.
[signature]
Where you at the docks by the port ramp??
How for on to the ice did you venture??

LT
Yes the one by the boat ramps we don't go past the docks. There were 2 people about dead center of cementary and Browning heard it was 3 inches over there.
[signature]
Thanks for the info, heavycod. I've been waiting for the chance to finally get out on the lake. Getting my gear together now for an early morning. Been WAY too long since I've had a batch of perch chowder.
[signature]
How is the road to the boat ramp? I have a car and it limits my ice access.
[signature]
Sorry you will not make it down that road it was not plowed when we went.
[signature]
Drove over to Pineview today to see for myself what the conditions are... people were all over the ice fishing, wandering around, etc. Drove completely around the res, including out onto cemetery point. Area's that appeared to be very thin ice by the dam was just very smooth ice with people sitting around their fishing hole. Very deceiving. Did see a couple of small open water spots by the dam. Temp was 28 when I was there around 3 p.m. Checked out Causey as well, temp up there was 33. Talked with a guy and his girlfriend who had just come up from the dam ice. He said the ice was 4 inches thick. Looks like fishing is on at both ponds.
[signature]
So cemetery point looked good? Even a ways off the shore?[fishon]
[signature]
U can make it with 4 wheel drive...my trail is still there I broke a trail pulling my 21ft lund just prior to the lake being capped...
[signature]