Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sunday: Echo, Rockport, and Jordanelle
My wife likes to go for a ride, I like to go scouting....good combo....Sunday afternoon, Rockport is totally ice free, we saw absolutely no ice on Jordanelle (didn't look at the inlet end however) and Echo is completely iced over, except for a football field sized area in the middle....a group of 4 ice fishermen were out about 20 yards from the shoreline, off the the backside road....that was encouraging, and we have some cold nights lined up....guluk...
[signature]
Thanks for the update. Crazy ice year so far.
[signature]
Cowboy Up!
I have a weather camera that overlooks rockport if you are looking to stay current on that lake :-).

https://assets3.webcam.io/w/EzA4aP/latest.jpg

https://assets3.webcam.io/w/EzA4aP/preview.gif
[signature]
Yeah, I don't know if there'll be alot of activity ice fishing on RP this season -- but you never know, we may get our arctic blast yet.....it sure fished good this Fall, so I had high hopes for the ice season there.....[:/]
[signature]
It will freeze before the end of January. If it doesn’t... well then old man winter needs to be on watch because I am going to shank him!
[signature]
Thanks for scouting the lakes for us. I'm hoping Echo and Flaming Gorge are fishable soon. I'm going fishing with some friends this Sat and will probably go to Scofield since it has good ice. I'm planning on checking out Flaming Gorge next week and will report about that.
[signature]
great report other than the lack of ice but thats not your fault Smile
[signature]
You'd think the 5 more days (from last Sunday) would have thickened up Echo, with all these cold nights we've had....hear of anyone else out on the ice there, besides the 4 I saw on Sunday? I'm about ready to give er a try....
[signature]
I hope so because a friend and I are going there tomorrow. I'll report on the ice when we get back.
[signature]
Not everywhere. The clear ice on the I-80 side was only a couple of inches but should be a little thicker now. It was making ice pretty good Wednesday.
[signature]
Fishing/catching sucked but ice was good.haha
[signature]
I drove past Echo today. There were about 30 people out fishing about 50 yds or so from the shore and a few brave souls out further. The whole res was iced over. Around 1100am it was 24 degrees.
[signature]
tks for your recent sighting/report....pretty sure that's where we'll be heading soon....Guluk...
[signature]
[quote fishday]Not everywhere. The clear ice on the I-80 side was only a couple of inches but should be a little thicker now. It was making ice pretty good Wednesday.[/quote]

Excellent! Thinner ice and new ice might be even better for clarity.

After four seasons of ice fishing, I haven't fished on clear ice yet, so I'll want to pick some good clear ice that combines with good water clarity.

Were you able to see much through the ice? Did you see fish swimming around? Could you see rocks on the bottom?

Does anyone have a best destination report for my clear ice fishing quest?
[signature]