Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
flaming gorge
I am heading up this friday. if any one has any new intel on ice or shore fishing thats willing to share that would be grate.
[signature]
Been eyeing this thread for any responses, but I am guessing not too many people are hitting it with the warm temps. I hope you do well and give us a report, weather forecast looks pretty dismal for any ice formation.
[signature]
I have a friend who lives up there. No sign of ice. He says its been way too warm. Oh, and the fishing is very slow.
[signature]
There's ice down to the Confluence/Lost Dog, but it's not very thick with just a few inches. If you want to ice fish, you might have to fish further up the river arms. For example, the ice was about 8-inches at Firehole earlier this week.

Shore fishing should be good, but not a lot of people doing it. Lots of places to try, but recent reports and experience has been good in the back of Sheep Creek and around Mustang Ridge/Sunny Cove near the dam. Lots of rainbow action, with the occasional lake trout and cutthroat trout mixed in. Marabous have been best for me, in 1/4 ounce and earthtone colors like brown/orange and olive.

Lots of shoreline opportunity to the north too. Any of the access points could put you on fish like Lucerne, Stateline, Anvil Draw, Brinegar Ferry Crossing, etc. Tons of roads leading to the shore, just pick a nice shallow, rocky point and start casting. If you don't get hook-ups or follows, try driving to another spot. It's been really calm, so you might see some surface activity as the bows and cutts rise on midges later in the mornings. Those are really good places to start.

Hope it helps, good luck, Ryno
[signature]
Thank you for the up date. I am looking forward to fishing there again last year was my first trip and I have been itching to get back up there I will post pics of the trip.
[signature]