Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Flaming gorge
Are trip was well worth the drive. The ice at lost dog is 5 plus of clear ice. Fished just of 011 road with open water about 1000 yards to the south. There was 10-15 groups that I could see fishing.
[signature]
Thanks! I'm sure lots of people have been wondering how the ice is at Lost Dog, and now we know thanks to you. Did you fish for Macs as well or just Rainbows?
[signature]
Thanks for the report, and I am glad you caught some fish. . I am happy to hear there is safe ice at Lost Dog, but with the 10 day forecast, I don’t think we will have safe ice at Buckboard in time for the Burbot Bash.

I wish we had safe ice down to the pipeline every year.....
[signature]
We caught a few pups nothing big. Most of the rainbows were in 20 feet or less.
[signature]
There should be safe ice for the bash from what I was on Saturday I am 100% going up if any thing it will still be a fun fishing trip.
[signature]
I conducted a recon of the Flaming Gorge ice advance Saturday. It was past the confluence. Here are some photos. There were people fishing from boats and shore fishermen down around the ranch. Buckboard ramp can't be used for launching because it is ice bound. People were launching from Anvil.
Great info, thanks!
[signature]
that was me off road 011 my boy thought you were dusty cropphoper practicing for a race.
[signature]
Thanks for the ice reports guys good to see some ice starting to set up finally and some fish biting to
[signature]
Now that's a good recon tool.
[signature]
Edited my post to say Buckboard, not Brinnagars. The marina was iced in.

It is a very fun tool, unfortunately it doesn't give thicknesses. ;-)
[signature]
[quote icemonkey]that was me off road 011 my boy thought you were dusty cropphoper practicing for a race.[/quote]

I was trying to get low enough to see if anyone had any fish laying on the ice. The fishing almanac said it wasn't supposed to be a good fishing day, so I went flying instead. I wanted to see if I should have been fishing instead.
[signature]
[quote icemonkey]that was me off road 011 my boy thought you were dusty cropphoper practicing for a race.[/quote]

What road is 11? Is that the Lost Dog road, the one south of the confluence from the west, or the one east of the confluence, or some other road? I looked on my FG map but didn't see it.
[signature]
Roads 11 and 12 are on the west side of the lake. Road 11 is the dirt road that goes from Hwy 530 to the lake, and runs E/W along the hill on the south side of Lost Dog and ends up at the Confluence. Road 12 is the one that goes from Hwy 530 to Lost Dog.
[signature]
Google maps shows all the roads but when your driving on them the markers on the kickoff roads are missing in places.
[signature]
Thanks for the road info.
[signature]
What is the road like to lost dog? Can you access by truck or do you need a snowmobile?
[signature]
I haven't tried the Lost Dog road yet this year, but in past years it's always been passable with trucks, and often with a regular car. I'm planning on going there tomorrow so I can let you know if you're still interested.
[signature]
Thinking of coming over and trying for burbot, never done it before looking for suggestions of where and how and what?
[signature]
Yamamoto curly tail glow plastic on a 3/8 to 1/2 oz glow jig head tipped with chub meat. Be right near the bottom. Dead stick then raise it up and down about 3-6 inches every 2-3 minutes. Get in 30-40 feet of water off rocky areas. Up by firehole is good. [fishon]
[signature]