Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strawberry
How's the ice looking at the berry.
[signature]
1.5”-2” according to the lodges Facebook page.
[signature]
I had to call in sick so I could go to Lake Powell!
I fished the Soldier Creek side with my boys yesterday, and there were five inches of good, clear, slick ice. Fishing was very slow, with just a few light bites and nothing hooked before we left at about 11:00. Hopefully things sped up a bit for all the folks who kept fishing. There were many groups there.
[signature]
How were things looking on the Strawberry side? Ladders, chicken?
[signature]
Fished strawberry today. 3” of ice. Caught around 40 fish. Biggest being 23”
[signature]
Holy cow fishslayer that sounds like a fun day. Does 3” of ice scare you at all. Also Does anyone know what it takes to get past the gates at the marina. Truck, fourwheeler, is there enough snow for snowmobile?
Thanks
[signature]
Mud Creek had 7-9" all over on Saturday.
[signature]
I want to ice fish mud creek this year. Do you know if they plow the parking lot there or do you need a truck/4x4/snowmobile to get in there?
[signature]
It was snowing all day, but access was fine. Packed snow to get in. It looks as though it was plowed to a degree. Not down to the dirt, but it was fine. A car would have made it.

Not sure about now.
[signature]
How was the fishing at mud creek?
[signature]
Pretty slow, where we fished. There were a couple of tents on the ice and a few small groups when we arrived. People we spoke to weren't getting much action, if any.

We walked out farther away from everyone else an chipped out a few holes with a spud bar.

5 fish on, all day long. Three made it out of the hole. My first one was the biggest, but it got off right at the hole after showing off a little. The rest were about 20-21". No busters.

My buddy had about the same luck.

We didn't see anyone else catch any fish, although the last other people that were there (tent) gave a loud holler before breaking everything down and leaving.
[signature]
Thanks for the info!
[signature]
THanks
[signature]
Is the road accessable by 4x4 to the dam?
[signature]
has anyone been to the Chicken Creek part? is that ice about the same as Mud Creek, I would assume so?
[signature]
Mud Creek is usually one of the first spots to freeze on Strawberry. CCE and CCW are more "Main Lake" types of ice situations. I'd expect 3-5".
[signature]