Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard Bay recon Saturday
Was too nice to stay in the house. Took a drive up to WB to check out ice level (although I don't Ice fish) Coming in from the south end near Smith & Edwards, the canal still has running water in it, and the baffles at the south WB inlet are open just a little letting water into the south inlet. The south marina looks iced, but very thin with some open water around the edges. The outlet into the main body from the south channel looks mostly open water.
North Marina WB: about half the ramp area in ice free. Thin ice back in towards the boat slips and the Ranger docks. Drove around on the south side jetty south of the boat slips. Main body of water looks mostly open from there out in all directions. Marina slips in thin ice. Something new, or at least I've not seen it until today. New Willard Bay Marina General Store new boat slips. Looking out from the Pelican Beach Day Use Group area, more open water.
From the north marina cleaning station the Eagle Beach areas look to be open water also.
Doesn't seem to be any safe ice IMO on WB anywhere. But it does look like boats could be launched from the north ramp. If my boat wasn't all winterized, I might have tried to get on the water tomorrow or Monday. Weather forecasts are calling for above freezing weather and sun shine next couple days. I might try some bank fishing just to get out of the house and some sun.
[signature]
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool
Looks like it is tube ready for a little wile at least! Great pictures and thanks for posting.
[signature]
[#0000FF]Oh yeah. Stand back.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]
They put that Willard Bay Marina General Store up last year, not exactly sure what month but we did notice it at the end of Summer, beginning of Fall. Not sure about any new boat slips there but there has been one there all along, for this getting gas for your boat. Thanks for the recon Forest, it won't be long now, likely before the end of the month. I've been working on my boat this week, getting it ready to go, maybe next week[cool].
[signature]
Yeah Curt, don't think there are any new boat slips, but that was first time I saw the store. Last time I was at the north marina was 29 Oct 2017. Didn't see that store then, but it may have been there. I don't look that far over when I'm launching out of north end. Mainly paying attention to depth and getting out the north channel.
Went up there today for about an hour. Fished off the bank at Pelican Beach, no luck. I did see one other person about 200 yards up the shore line from me, and there was one boat trailer rig in the north marina parking lot when I left. Didn't see the boat though.
[signature]
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool
It was there before then, because they still had those children toys there, the ones that look like a castle with a slide, they also had a couple of jet skis on shore there, that was when I noticed the new general store shed.
[signature]