Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Quick Outing
Was up North in SLC for a work conference, so I decided to hang around and fish some of my home waters. Slipped up to a secret little stream I grew up fly fishing as a teenager, and as always...had it all to myself. Flow was great, and the fish were pooled up. Every pool produced several fish, with my honey hole producing 15 by itself! Nice chunky browns in the 15-17" range, with the occasional 3lb whitie, lol. Black bh zebra midges and san juans were the ticket there. After that, headed over to meet my buddy and fish a private stretch of the Weber he has access to. Caught 8 bigger browns 17-22" size, on the same flies. Flows were good on the Weber and the weather was beautiful! 50 degrees in mid January, crazy! I miss fishing the moving water of my youth...I get nothing but still water down here. Not that I'm complaining as the size down here is incredible! Until next time Northern UT!
[signature]
Great day! Thanks for the report. There's definitely something special about fishing moving water.
[signature]
[quote _6x_]Great day! Thanks for the report. There's definitely something special about fishing moving water.[/quote]

Agreed...never thought I would miss it as much as I have.
[signature]
So, just curious, but why don't you hit the streams in the south? Some really good ones are not far from Cedar and even St. George.
[signature]