Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
willow beach 1/15/18
[cool]Trying to keep my streak alive my wife and I launched our kayaks at gray light for a third weekend in a row. About 6:30am my rod starts dancing and I got a good fish on. After five minutes I get a nice 9lb striper in the net. That was all for the day. I guess my wife will have to wait til next trip to get one. As a bonus we got to see 10 bighorn sheep on the Nevada side by mm52. Here are a couple of pics. First is the 9.5lber from two weeks ago and then the one from Monday.
[signature]
Nice report and pics, you sure have been consistent there at Willow but 6:30 am, it isn't even light then, do you always catch them that early? How close did you get to the BH sheep? Bet that was pretty cool, any pics of the sheep?
[signature]
[cool]We have caught them from 6am til 11am. The action is not consistent but it is nice when they are active. We were about 8 hundred yards away and in our kayaks. They were on the hills. Didnt gent any pics but saw them thru binoculars. We have seen them up closer else where at willow.
[signature]
How do you keep the grass off your lures? I was there after Christmas and that drove me crazy.
[signature]
It is hard to get really close to sheep like that but pretty cool you see them. Why do you think that you and your wife do so good there for bigger stripers, do you think it is the lures you use or just bigger fish in that area?
[signature]
[cool]We we’re constantly pulling the lures in because the action stopped by a lot of grass. It was frustrating but manageable.
[signature]
[cool]I would say both. We use large lures which get their attention. Also the fish that do hit have some size to them. They eat trout around there as well as suckers and carp. Mostly on trout. And that makes them grow healthy.
[signature]
That's great! Still yet to land one on my kayak. Going out for another try this Wednesday. I hope I have similar results! Thanks for sharing.
[signature]