Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lure Modifications (Cranks and Spinnerbaits)
Here is a quick video on some more lure mods that I have used to help catch more fish...Seemed like a lot of people enjoyed the last set of lure mods, so I decided to do another. I am rather partial to all 3 of the mods shown in this video and not only use them, but catch fish with them as well. Hope you enjoy

3 Crankbait & Spinnerbait Mods
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4oW883S6WHk
[signature]
Oldies but goodies, thanks for the video.
Glad you enjoyed, yes these mods may be old for some, but new for others. I hope to do some more videos on teaching , so others can learn.
[signature]
I tried taking the back hook of a hard bait and putting a single long hook on and putting a minnow are plastic on it for big lake trout it didn't work.

on your red hooks, I use red hooks all the time for kokanee also fluorescent pink and fluorescent orange they all work

I have been thinking about painting the hooks with glow in the dark paint but this may not work

I have been messing around with glow stuff

here is something to think about
Understanding Why Glowing Fishing Lures Work
Glowing Lures – Then
copy and past this
landbigfish.com/articles/default.cfm?ID=2001
[signature]
Very interesting read, I never really thought about glowing baits. (Might be on to something) I think you gave me a great idea for a future video this summer using glow in the dark hooks and baits.
[signature]
Picked up some glow paint, so I will have to do some testing on old lures and see how things go. I will be sure to report back at a later time once I get a chance to try them. Again thanks for the outside the box idea.
[signature]