Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pineview Sunday
I fished Pineview Sunday south of the beach parking lot. I didn't see or hear of any fish caught while I was there. Just as I was packing up to leave, I caught one little perch, which, I assume was the last perch in the lake. So, it's no use going there anymore.
[signature]
Been a tough year there for us too, but we do enjoy the time we spend outside. Odds are if we just keep trying, we too will 'luck' out as well.

Hang in there...
I fished it Saturday over by the Narrows. Everyone I talked to also had the same luck... no fish. One group walked across the ice to the point out on Cemetery Point. Said they caught 3. I iced 2, hooked up with 5. Sonars were going crazy with fish at the bottom, they just didn't like anything we temped them with. There must be a lot of small bait fish to be had cuz they sure didn't want our offerings. The other guys with sonars said the same thing. Didn't seem to matter what depth fished, the results were the same, lots of fish on the bottom but no takers. We fished in 51 feet of water.
[signature]
Seems this year Pineview should be called PickleView - LOL... guess we'll just have to keep at it like so many others are, our number will hopefully be called one of these times.... can't catch anything if you're not wetting a line, right?
I wonder if it might be a different than usual ice fishing ecosystem with these record hot winter days. Perhaps there is more sun, greater plant life and greater oxygenation under the ice meaning a plentiful food source that goes with your theory.
[signature]
I wonder. There is a lot of food around, obviously.. Maybe there is just a perfect storm of young crappies and perch from a good spawn last spring. But I wonder if the fish aren't burning through the calories fast enough in the cold water to make them hungry?

Then again, the water temp right under the ice is about like it always is according to my mostly useless fishfinder., so maybe it is warmer at depth?
[signature]
Gee, I went there Fri and Sat and did quite well! I found the best bite in 17-24 FOW. Used a perch eye and a hali. The bite seemed to hit around 10 a.m.-11 a.m. I was targeting perch and got what I came for!
[signature]
I've been getting reports of the perch going shallow, could be as the spawn nears, they are moving closer to the spots where they do the deed[Wink]. Thanks for the report and info, any size the ones you caught?
[signature]
The majority were in the 7-8" range, several 10", one 11". Catching would vary with the schools passing through. I found it best to drill several holes in my area and move around between the holes when one got slow.
[signature]
I got into an active school of Crappie and caught a nice lil pile Monday. Fish were 9-12" fatty's. The bite was very short lived. They turned off almost as fast as they turned on. The good bite lasted about 20 minutes and then lock jaw till it was time to leave.
[signature]
Nice fish! Congrats on staying on them till they bit. How deep did you find them? Were the ones you caught suspended suspended or on the bottom? Weird this year like night and day compared to last year.
[signature]