Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mead 2/2/18
My son and I launched out of Callville this morning hoping to start to learn this lake and catch a few stripers. We started out hitting a few coves south of the marina pitching plastics for black bass , nada. We then made our way to government wash to try and catch some bait. We stopped in a cove along the way to practice a little first ( I didn't want to look like an idiot in front of all the other boats!!). After I got the hang of it we went to the head of the wash and we're able to net a few. Back out to deeper water and set up in 45' after we saw some fish on the finder. We managed a few hook ups and got 1 in the boat but it was starting to get late and we called it a day around 4:30. I definitely think we learned a lot and next time we'll be a lot more successful, trial and error I guess!
[signature]
I am a member of the Nevada Striper Club.
We will teach you all you could possibly ever need to know about Lake Mead Striper fishing.

Right now the bait is thick back in the wash.
Just go past the green stick up clusters in the middle.

Fish a Carolina rig in about 50ft, fish a holding right off the bottom..
Points and the mouth of coves by 33 hole to Government wash area.

Check out the Nevada Striper Club on Facebook and ask some questions.

Better yet come to club meeting or a tournament weigh-in.
[signature]
I'll have to check out the striper club for sure, I have questions on tackle and bait sizing, best time of day & year, general locations, and many more!
Thanks for the info in your response!
[signature]
Our next club meeting is Thursday 2-08-18 @ Bass Pro Shops 7pm.

This month we will at the Archery Range upstairs.

Stop by and ask questions about bait, rigs and how to throw a cast net too.
[signature]
Any pre sign up required for the Striper Club? I'd like to join the meeting as well!
[signature]
Anyone can join the club. Come to a meeting, they are open to the public
[signature]