Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hi
Hi everyone, obviously I’m a new member. I joined this forum because I’ll be making a trip to the park city area over Christmas this year, I’ve never been to Utah before so I’m searching for any and all info I can find for FlyFishing the surroundings area. I’ll definitely be paying attention to post about the area and river reports. Look forward to communicating with as many of you guys as possible.
Howard
[signature]
From Park City You have 2 rivers within a half hour of you. Provo and Weber rivers. I'm more of a spinner and lure fisherman so I'm not sure of what flies work best at that time of year but I'm sure many others will help you between now and then. Enjoy your stay and good luck!!
[signature]
Hi Howard,

Yep, the Provo and Weber Rivers are very high rated.

But, you might also want to fly fish mountain streams of the area. I've fished Big Cottonwood Canyon mountain stream for trout with Renegade flies which worked best and even better than my beautiful #22 ants which became my specialty (what were the fish thinking!).

I haven't fly fished or fly tied for way over ten years because I'm always changing and learning new styles, equipment and techniques. But, I'm with you in taking advantage of what a place has to offer. If you've fished rivers before, but aren't often in the mountains, then you might want to fish the mountain streams.
[signature]