Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fished Boyd 2-15
Fished Boyd this morning for 5 hours, we caught 6 small mouth bass and 3 rainbow trout. Biggest bass was 17in. and bow was 18in.
Will broke off a real good smallie right at the hole.
[signature]
Looks like some slick ice there Chuck, glad you and Will were able to get out and catch some fish. How is the ice holding up there? It's going down hill fast here, with only the high lakes like Strawberry still having safe ice.
[signature]
2/16
E/NE ice shove across 8 foot of 6'' thick ice. Open cracks, slightly rotted with bubbles.
Broke my bar in half after a fish spit the hook.
:,(
[signature]
We’ve done pretty good the last couple of weeks, I went out again yesterday and got scared. There was some cracks that came right at me shook my rod splashed water out, the ice is stacking up on the shore. Might be done for the year, it was a very short ice season this year, fun but short. I caught my first ever smallie thru the ice.
[signature]
LOL, yea it's pretty scary when that happens. Congrats on that smally, you don't hear of many people catching them while ice fishing.
[signature]
"Broke my bar in half after a fish spit the hook", what kind of bar did you break?
[signature]
It was a galvanized steel spud bar ; got too happy after loosing the last fish of the season.
Might try again, if any ice holds up for the cold it could be possible somewhere nearby. Learned its not worth it when you're unsure but I'll check out of curiosity..
[signature]
Touring the lakes was uncomfortable, spring is trying but the moon will be full - maybe to be consumed by fenrosity. The last days won't reveal anything ; ash and frost will cover all in darkness; if not, things will be nominally mundane and or seasonal, similar to last year but differing.
The fish that bites its tail is the hardest to catch ; its tougher to hook a tiny fish then a giant, likewise big fish are small relativity speaking. ; BigFish are in the eye of the beholder and I hold nothing.
[signature]