Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pineview ice report
I've been keeping a bit of an eye on PV with he colder temps of late. Most of the lake is capped. The few holes I drilled show 2.5"- 3" of ice. Maybe half that is good ice on the bottom with the other half cloudy ice on top. Saw 1 tent on the ice but it was very close to shore on the far east end between Browning and cemetery. Also saw that some crazy fool had been out on the ice with a snowmobile off the port ramp. Looked like they'd broken through in multiple locations but were going fast enough to keep on top the ice and stay out of serious trouble. Not sure I'd feel terribly safe wandering out too far just yet. I am hoping with these cold nights the rest this week we see another inch or two of ice form up. Sure would like another chance to bring home some perch or crappie before the ice is gone again.
[signature]
Thanks for the update!!

LT
Drove back up today to check out the ice at PV. Still oinly about 2.5" off Browning but I drive over to look at Cemetery and was pleased to find 5" of pretty good ice.. I think I'll give it a go tomorrow.
[signature]
thanks for braving it out - sure hope you're keeping safe out there....I'd sure like to try off Cemetary myself if the going was good, so really hope you can give a successful report if you make it there....Guluk....
[signature]
The ice off cemetary today was perfectly safe and fishable. At least 5" of ice under a couple inches of snow/melted snow from the last storm. The catching wasn't so great though. We caught lots of perch but they were mostly all 2-6 inch dinks. We also iced a handful of crappie.
[signature]
Was anyone over by the port ramp? I'd love to hit there one more time before ice off. Thanks.

LT
Didn't see anyone over there. The ice getting on is only about 2 1/2" at the port ramp and browning. However like I first noted on this thread someone entered the ice at port ramp on a snowmobile. They rode clear out across the lake past browning You could see several places where the machine did break through but popped back on top the ice. Unless this storm and warmer days of late changes things drastically you could probably get on by the docks and fish.
[signature]