Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fish Lake
I went on my first ice fishing trip to Fish Lake this past weekend and it was well worth it. Our group caught all our limits plus returned many back for another day.
Saturday we fished for Perch on the South end and Sunday the other end and caught Rainbows, Brown, Lakers and mostly Splakes.
Sunday fished in 25 and 60 FOW, we caught fish at all depths but most of the big fish was 10 feet off the bottom ranges.
Sunday we drove up to the lake in a white out snow storm but by 10 am it turned blue skies and the winds died.
Ice was 10-14 inches and solid where we fished.
[signature]
Thanks for that report. Sure wish that lake wasn't so far away for me. I'd love to fish it. Later J
[signature]
you picked up a brown? Lucky you.

Any pictures?
[signature]
I know the feeling of being too far to drive to for a day, that may be on my tempting list. I have dates scheduled when ice off this spring a must fish outing, looking fwd to it. I do day Gorge runs occasionally but that's my max travel and anything else under a 3hr drive is well within my sites also.
[signature]
Yep for me Strawberry is on the far end of my range from Cache Valley. Beyond that it's time to stay the night. Later J
[signature]
I only saw two fish by your ice hole. WHAT UP WITH THAT?[bobhappy]
[signature]
Hey, what were the trout and splake biting on? And is the ice pretty safe all over the lake?
[signature]
White Jigs with worms or chub meat.
Ice was plenty safe last weekend and i am sure thicker.
8 inches on the north end 10 on the south end.[bobhappy]
[signature]
Thanks a lot. Ice safe? I'm taking my 7 and 8 year old.
[signature]