Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fished Willard
Well, its finally over, all the anticipation has been relieved. I went out this morning for about four hours and fished all over. The water temp in the main water was 45 degrees. Over by the inlet it was much warmer. There were lots of boats out by the time I quit. The most people were fishing the east side of the north marina. They must have been catching fish because it bank was packed. I trolled hatchet harness's on lindy no snag sinkers with a worm, Yo-zuri crystal minnows, cast chartruse jigs, and didnt get a bite. The water is super shallow ao I had to use planers to get the stuff out away from the boat. Didnt help much. They put up a couple signs that said the boat launch is closed due to low water. I didnt see them on the way in but they didnt seem to stop anyone from using the ramp. It was a niced day, good to finally be out on the water. The average depth was 13 feet, but by the south marina it gets down to about six feet. I graphed the most fish suspended at the ten foot depth over in the middle east section but couldnt get a bite. Normal for my first trip each year, too early and no fish. I may go out and try the north marina tommorow and see what if anything they are catching. <br><br>
Thanks for the report and let us know how tommarrow goes for you. Go out and get one of the big ones for us. It is still to cold and nasty for me to get out yet. I might try tommarrow.<br><br>Texas Gulf Coast Fisher.
I know why you didn't catch any fish. You didn't use "The" jig. You know what I'm talking about. Sorry I couldn't go with this morning. That would have been nice. It's a good thing I went to school though. I'd have been lost in my one class. When are you going out tomorrow? I might be able to go. I've got a couple other things that might be going on though.<br>Later.<br><br>
Any idea how deep the water is in the two marinas?<br><br>
Deep? Oh no. I would say "scary shallow". I had the sensitivity cranked up on the depth finder initially and the screen was just black so it was not very deep. I had to raise the engines for saftey. Right near the ramp is shallow, between the ramp and the dock is way shallow, and out in the middle its o.k. I would say but I had to back the truck all the way down into the water to get the boat to float. The guy next to me was wise he brought knee high rubber galoshes to aid in launching. He must have got his feet wet already. i am probably taking the jon boat out today, not as comfortable to fish out of but easy to load and launch. And it doesnt care if I run it a ground. I am thinking its the crappie that they are catching in the north marina.<br><br>
the crappie are a hittin here in mich in the canals<br><br><A HREF="http://myweb.ecomplanet.com/MESS6438/" target="_new">http://myweb.ecomplanet.com/MESS6438/</A> <br>Lookie See what the kids are up to.<br>Dave T. Clown
We went to willard friday morning and the marina was 5 and 6 ft deep. The boat dock that is away from the ramp was 5 ft on the end. Did you notice that the ramp is painted red and yellow on the outside edges of the ramp? The only area not painted is the middle. I didn't notice when we launched and went off the end of the ramp. Lucky for us that was when the boat came off the trailer and I was going slow. When I recovered the boat, I did it in the middle and the ramp was fine there. No fish for us either. Mike, what motor do you have on your jon boat? WH2<br><br>
I have a 10 hp mudbuddy duck motor on the jon boat but I just pull the fifteen horse kicker off the big boat and put it on the jon if I take it. I ended up taking the targa friday as well, I just dont like it when everything is so shallow. I dont like the idea of going sixty miles an hour across willard and hitting anything, and I dont like the idea of sucking mud into the cooling system on an engine that would cost over ten grand to replace. I did see the painted lines but dont know what they mean.<br><br>
The reason I wanted to know what kind of motor you had was that we saw a jon boat with a mudbuddy on it by the island and thought it might be you.<br><br>