Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Millsite Reservoir
I was wondering if anyone here has everyfly fished on Millsite Reservoir? I will be down there in a week on my Pontoon and have no clue what flies to use. PM if necessary.

Thanks,

Justin
[signature]
Hi Catfish

A friend and I fished it on February 16th and caught a few cutthroats. The last time Millsite was stocked was 2014 because of the work that is being done on the dam. There aren't a lot of fish but when you catch one it's usually a good one. The water level is extremely low because of the work on the dam so you will have to carry your gear a ways to launch. The other thing to watch for is that because of the low water level the shore is very mucky getting in and out.

The reservoir froze over again after we were there but I think most of the ice is gone again.

As far as tackle to use leeches and crystal buggers on size 6-8 hooks will work. I was using a number 3 sinking line with a size 6 bead head olive leech and also a black/silver crystal bugger. The visibility in the water is only about 3' so it doesn't hurt to fish with flies that have some flash to them.

I've attached a few pics of the trip on the 16th.

Good luck when you go.
[signature]
Thank you very much for the info!
[signature]
Your welcome.

Let us know if you make it down to fish.
[signature]