Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
post pics.
I'm lousy at this computer stuff. Can't figure out how to post pics.

Help
[signature]
At the bottom of the screen when you hit "reply" you will see "Attachments"

Click on "choose file" and then go to the place the file is saved on your computer.

At the right you will see "Upload attachment", click on that and the pics will be uploaded.

Hit "post reply" and you will be good.
Make sure you follow all the steps that archangler laid out... It's easy to choose the file and then not wait until it has loaded before you clip post the reply... If it hasn't loaded and you haven't clicked the 3 different things and let them process, the pictures won't show up... It takes patients sometimes to let the files load before we move on to the next steps... That is usually why folks fail to get the photo's to show up... Good luck and if you still have issues let me know... Jeff
[signature]
Computer stuff and posting pictures confounding you?? I know your pain and I have found the answer: find any kid or grandkid older than 3 or 4 and have them do it for you. Works every time.
[signature]
[#0000FF]Ain't it the truth? Kids who are too young to go to school can reprogram a cell phone or computer.

Kinda funny when you call your computer IT person and they say "Hi Grampa".
[/#0000FF]
[signature]
Here is some info TubeDude posted years ago that will help you, the only thing that has changed is that you don't need to resize yours pictures:
http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/gfo...ead#unread
[signature]

[signature]
Hey it worked! Way easy off a phone. I may actually start to post some pics. And yes Pat, I’ll try to keep my mug out of them😀
[signature]
[#0000FF]That's okay Dave. The fish are purty enough nobody gonna look at your mug anyhow.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]
well since we are having lessons. I have seen picture that show up in a post instead of a separate file that you need to click to see. How is this done?
[signature]
There's Always Time For One More Cast
John, look at the link I posted above, go to that link and scroll down to number 3, that is the method for posting the pics in your post.
[signature]
Thanks everyone for the info. As soon as I get done getting these fish in the smoker I am going to give it another go.
[signature]
Ahi, I also had problems loading pictures in the body of the post. I believe that it was TubeDude that came to my rescue. I could not see the toolbar that had the (inline) button necessary to post the picture in the body of the text area. He recommended to change my URL to Modzilla Firefox. Doing this allowed me to see the toolbar with a new assortment of buttons including the Inline button. Hope this helps.
[signature]
Good fishing to all.   Hue
Thanks Burley, I think thats my problem. I dont see the editing tool bar. but I already have google and Microsoft edge dont want to add another browser so guess I just stay with the attachment post
[signature]
There's Always Time For One More Cast
I had Microsoft edge also and it was the problem. I downloaded Firefox just long enough to post the pics then uninstalled after and went back to edge.
[signature]
Good fishing to all.   Hue
[#0000FF]I have Windows 10...which comes standard with Edge. But as a longtime Firefox user I was dismayed to find that edge would not allow me to use the fonts and editing I use for BFT. So I downloaded Firefox. And if you want to use it for any editing you can click on the program, open it and specify you want to use it...either for a single application or as your default browser. You can also go in and change your default settings for a lot of things...including browsers.

Don't be held hostage by Microsoft.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000]Hell, I have IE, Google Chrome, Firefox, AND Edge browsers installed on my PC. They all have benefits and come free. I have found that IE works best for full function posting on BFT, since it was originally designed to be used with IE and doesn't work well with Chrome or Edge. Haven't really tried to use it with Firefox.[/#800000][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000]
[/#800000][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000]I can't imagine why you would hesitate to have any or all of the available browsers on whatever electronic device you use for the Internet. But too each his own.[/#800000][/font]
[/#800000][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000]As to posting pictures, I like to put them in my posts opposed to having them show up as a link at the bottom of my posts and requiring you to click on the link to view them. You're welcome! [Wink][/#800000][/font]
[/#800000][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000]Tight lines to all.[/#800000][/font]
[signature]
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."
[#0000FF]I have the other browsers installed too. But I mostly use Firefox. Have had some "issues" with IE and can't tolerate Edge.

"Everybody to their own tastes"...said the old maid as she kissed the cow.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]