Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Recommendations please fly line
I'm looking for a good quality 3 WT fly line with a sinking tip that won't cost my whole monthly fishing allowance. I don't need an extremely fast sink rate just enough to get it down a couple feet on slow moving water. I'd like a supple soft line that lays nice. Any good affordable ones would be great. (I don't really want to spend $75 for a line if I can get one that will be good for less) thanks J
[signature]
Most manufacturers don't make sink tips in a 3 weight. If it were me, I would buy a Rio Versileader. Could even get a couple in different lengths and sink rates and still be out less than 30 bucks. Airflo also has a version called a Polyleader. Very nice to have in your vest when you need them.

https://www.rioproducts.com/products/lea...ersileader

RIO's Trout VersiLeaders are designed for the fly fisher who needs a quick-change option for converting a floating line to a sink tip. Each VeriLeader is tapered for the best in performance and has a 12lb nylon core coated in PVC. A neat, bullet-proof welded loop at the butt end allows for fast rigging. There are two length options available, 7ft and 12ft, with the following sink rates:

1.5 ips (clear loop)
3 ips (green loop)
4 ips (red loop)
5 ips (blue loop)
7 ips (black loop)
[signature]
That is a great tip, I didn't even remember but I bought some of those leaders a few years back and haven't ever used them. I'll give them a try. Who makes a good floating 3WT line for under $40? Reason I ask is I've got a couple and one is nice and supple and the others are like wire and stiff. I don't remember which company made the good one, but it would be worth more to get the better line, but I'm a part time fly fisherman so I don't want to break the bank on the line. Thank you. J
[signature]
I bought one of these recently, mostly out of curiosity. Have not fished it yet, but it seems to be a fairly good quality line and the price is dirt cheap.

http://www.maxcatchfishing.com/fly_fishi...-gold.html
[signature]
Thank you for the tip. J
[signature]