Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First 20 fish day!
First twenty fish day for my fly fishing career last weekend. We were fishing at a secret spot in Utah and caught probably 35 between me and a buddy. Normally I don't hide locations but this spot is one of those that isn't a secret, but no one wants to talk about it. Small stream fishing at its finest.

How many others remember their own first 20 fish day?

Video of the action here

https://youtu.be/hzP2nk4gkjc
[signature]
looks like a helluva lot of fun
[signature]
small stream fishing=my favorite!!

Looks fun.
[signature]
Great video! You are catching some nice sized trout out there. Looks like a beautiful day. And good for you for exercising discretion about disclosing small streams.

My first 20 fish day was on a spring creek in Idaho. Good times Smile
[signature]
Nice job! First 20 for me was the Lower Provo back in the day.
[signature]
Looks like a ton of fun! My first 20+ day was 35 years ago in the Uintas! cuts and bookies!
[signature]
Looks like it was a nice day to be out fishing. I started fly fishing 20 years ago. First few times out I caught 5-10 trout. My friend Tom who taught me to fly fish, then began taking me to small streams on the North and South Slope of the Unitas. This was late June and into July after fairly light snow that winter. My first 20 fish day was on the way to 40-60 fish most likely. Still recall picking up 84 on dry flies on the Henry’s Fork on the North Slope in 3-4 hours. After that counting got old.
[signature]