Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New seat
My Fuzion has a pretty comfortable seat with the additional frame, but I was looking for a way to lighten it up (and a seat for my Kayak),
Got this Inflatable seat I can't wait to test drive.
[signature]
[#0000FF]Interesting. What are the dimensions? In the picture it does not look big enough or "contoured" well enough to provide ample comfort for those of us with ample "proportions". You got a narrower "beam" than I do.

Is that something now offered by Dave or did you pick it up elsewhere?
[/#0000FF]
[signature]
[quote TubeDude][#0000FF]Interesting. What are the dimensions? In the picture it does not look big enough or "contoured" well enough to provide ample comfort for those of us with ample "proportions". You got a narrower "beam" than I do.

Is that something now offered by Dave or did you pick it up elsewhere?
[/#0000FF][/quote]

It is 20" wide inflated and yes it is NFO.
[signature]
[#0000FF]Looking forward to seeing it on our next "hook up".
[/#0000FF]
[signature]
That could be a tough one to make lighter than it already is. Perhaps you could substitute some of the plastic pieces on your kick boat to those of the carbon fiber or carbonite type of material.

I'm sure that would only shave a few grams but that is one of only few opitions. Smile
[signature]
The frame is aluminum, but that and the plastic seat are a few pounds, so getting rid of that will help. HEAY stranger!
[signature]
Hey there fly lady. I guess the only way to get that rig a little lighter is to change the aluminum out for Titanium. That will make it lighter and stronger.

That will ultimately leave filling any inflatable areas with Nitrogen or Helium if you can get it.

I've been waiting for Pokymon to come back for a visit. I guess he has been busy. [laugh]
[signature]
[quote flygoddess]My Fuzion has a pretty comfortable seat with the additional frame, but I was looking for a way to lighten it up (and a seat for my Kayak),
Got this Inflatable seat I can't wait to test drive.[/quote]

Seems like I've had to customize every boat seat so that it is comfortable enough for hours on the water. My seats need good lumbar support and ability to adjust seat back angle. But everyone is probably different in terms of what works for them. Good luck with your tinkering on different seats.
[signature]
[quote pontoonman][quote flygoddess]My Fuzion has a pretty comfortable seat with the additional frame, but I was looking for a way to lighten it up (and a seat for my Kayak),
Got this Inflatable seat I can't wait to test drive.[/quote]

Seems like I've had to customize every boat seat so that it is comfortable enough for hours on the water. My seats need good lumbar support and ability to adjust seat back angle. But everyone is probably different in terms of what works for them. Good luck with your tinkering on different seats.[/quote]

This will be air pressure adjusting.
[signature]
Many years ago I used a 2 pound $20 Howda seat, amazingly supportive and comfortable Plus easy to fold despite its simple design. They were a Canadian company that went out of business, but I believe there are now made for children in America under Howda hugs. Look them up to see if they have an adult version, should you be interested.
[signature]
[quote pontoonman]Many years ago I used a 2 pound $20 Howda seat, amazingly supportive and comfortable Plus easy to fold despite its simple design. They were a Canadian company that went out of business, but I believe there are now made for children in America under Howda hugs. Look them up to see if they have an adult version, should you be interested.[/quote]

Oh NFO has seats like those. In fact I have several and use it on my boats with the inflated floor. The Renegade, Predator, Assault. Plus all my older pontoons. No the reason for this seat is it gets me higher off the floor which is maybe 5" thick. Like a Stand Up Paddle board. The frame lifted my but up and it also made it much easier to stand up if so desired. Choppy days, the boat gets wet, but with the seat a few inches higher, YOU don't. Hip waders will work.
[signature]