Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Minnkota with I pilot thoughts
Do any of you guys have this setup and what do you think. I could see where it would be nice with the kids and keeping things from becoming a tangle mess at times. But a little hesitant to send the money.
[signature]
Its the best investment I've ever made for the style of fishing I do. Spot lock is a great feature, I use it all the time. I mostly jig for macs, or park and cast. I spend way more time fishing now instead of controlling the boat.
[signature]
I have really enjoyed having it on my boat. I use spot-lock all the time and find it very useful (except when it occasionally forgets that it is on spot-lock and lets the boat drift).
[signature]
Well I bought mine last week. Im excited to go try it out in the next couple of weeks.
[signature]
Had it for a couple of years and love it. In windy or choppy conditions it’s a HUGE help. If you’re fishing with kids it allows you hands free conditions. Worth it! My 2 cents.
[signature]
Love my I pilot system as everybody else say it frees up your hands and the spot lock feature saves your back from having to drop and pull anchor. I have a 55lb system currently for sale if you're interested. Comes with battery and quick release plate.

https://www.ksl.com/classifieds/listing/51406055
[signature]
I am disabled but love to fish alone at times.
Literally changed my life.
[signature]
Also how about reliability? Does there seem to be any issues over time or are they pretty solid rigs.
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000]G,[/#800000][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000]
[/#800000][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000]I had one (12 volt system) on my last boat for the last 3 years I owned that boat. Upgraded to a bigger boat last year and bought a 24 volt system for it. I troll mostly and do ALL my boat steering with the iPilot. The 9.9 hp kicker is used only to provide forward motion at specified speeds dialed in with an iTroll controller. Occasionally I'll use the spot lock feature for catfish or casting for walleye and this has always worked flawlessly. I would never own a boat that didn't have an iPilot.[/#800000][/font]
[signature]
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."
this is the one I have

https://minnkotamotors.johnsonoutdoors.c...1521815826

I troll 90% of the time
this is what I like
AutoPilot
i-Pilot® Link™ Integrated GPS Trolling System: i-Pilot® Link™ gives you unprecedented control over your boat by linking your trolling motor to your Humminbird® fish finder. Control your trolling motor from Link's color touch-screen remote or the Humminbird. You can set Spot-Locks, record paths, follow depth contours, automatically navigate to your favorite spots, control speed and steering, and more.

I would find a way to save money and go without other things to buy one.
[signature]
I've had the 24v/80lb/i-Pilot Terrova in my boat since late 2011 or maybe it was early 2012. Zero issues. A ton of use since I mostly bass fish on Lake Mead I am on it pretty much the entire trip every trip. Plus multiple trips to Strawberry where I use it to pull my boat around trolling for Kokes since I don't have a kicker. Again needless to say a very solid product.

Also extremely handy when trolling with the big motor or if one has a kicker. Just set it to power level 3 or so and use the GPS to steer the boat while using the other motor to push.

I would not and could not even remotely consider owning a boat without it.

Tom
[signature]
Mine was on the boat I bought 5 years ago. It quit working last year. I took it to a guy in Midvale last year and he couldn't fix it.

[#ff0000]HELP[/#ff0000]

Does anyone know of a good mechanic who works on I-Pilots.
[signature]
What's wrong with it?
[signature]
[quote lovetofish]Mine was on the boat I bought 5 years ago. It quit working last year. I took it to a guy in Midvale last year and he couldn't fix it.

[#ff0000]HELP[/#ff0000]

Does anyone know of a good mechanic who works on I-Pilots.[/quote][font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000]I went through this last year with needing some help with a Minn Kota. Chase Colby, out of Heber City, worked on a couple repairs for me in 2016. Last year, Backwater Performance in Midvale became an authorized service center for Minn Kota in late summer. I don't know if they were the ones you took it to, but they should be up to speed on them this year. Fred's Marine in Layton is also listed as a Service Center, but they will only work on the units they sell with their boats.[/#800000][/font]
[signature]
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."
hey Mr. Shane, your disabled? I've seen you do things one handed that most can't do with two. But your right the I Pilot is a great tool, I would hate to go bact to not having one.
[signature]
I've been enjoying the hell out of your old co-pilot. [Smile]

Now if I had the funds to upgrade I would.
[signature]
Live to hunt----- Hunt to live.
Unfortunately can't give two thumbs up to your comment.......
[signature]
Glad to hear it's treating you good, it was always good to me also.
[signature]
I have the ulterra I pilot link system and needed some service and ended up taking it to Cody wy for repair the guys were awesome to work with
[signature]