Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone fished the sevier river
I’m going down to the sevier river on Saturday and Sunday near the big rock candy mountain. The report is the flow from Paiute reservoir is the flow is 20 cps but I’ve never fished the river either by spinner or by fly. I was just wondering if anyone has had any experience with this part of the starte or more important this part of the river.
[signature]
I fished it back a few years ago. We caught a good number of fish but not a whole lotta size to them. I have heard stories of big fish in there though. I drove through there last weekend and was wishing I had my fly rod with me.
[signature]
I have zebra midges and some streamer leeches that I heard was good but I wished I had someone that actually fished it. Do you recall what you used. If not that is ok I understand it’s been a while.
[signature]
I fish it a lot his time of year....it can be really good. On Saturday I fished it with my dad and brother and we caught a bunch on buggers...mostly rainbows but some really nice browns mixed in. So far this spring I have caught two over 20 inches...the biggest was 23 inches long. The trick this weekend though will be fishing where people aren’t. It gets hit hard over spring break which is now and Easter weekend is always the busiest. Try to fish it away from the roads and easiest access.
[signature]
Sent you a pm.
[signature]