Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Aging Seniors
The topic of purchases and getting a senior discount comes up occasionally for us guys that seem to qualify depending age. But I have often thought about why is there so many senior citizen ages throughout a ten year span starting at the age 55 for discounts. In less than a year my fishing license discount kicks in at 65. After that there is no other senior citizen age, it now becomes "your older than dirt" or "your older than s!*"t". This must be where we are promoted to old age for the rest of our lives. [crazy]
[signature]
Well, there's no law saying that businesses must offer discounts, so when they start giving senior cuts depends entirely on their level of generosity.

And since 65 is the official goobermint definition of "old" everybody older than 65 automatically qualifies.

Editorially, may I suggest that the only seniors who really need a discount are the idiots who never saved and now depend on Social Security for their retirement income. Or those who suffer some financial catastrophe, who I forgive and absolve.
[signature]
Or people that would like to hold on to the money they have. No matter how much that is. my 30% disability from the VA got me a 5 year fishing license for 60 bucks. I'm not turning that down!
[signature]
Nor should you, but it was your honorable sacrifice that got it, not your age.

I welcome discounts, too. As you say, why not? I don't ask, but if they offer, I accept. Even if I don't need them.
[signature]
I'm of the opinion if they are going to offer, I will partake!! I don't ask about them either. You earned it too!!
[signature]
[quote fmrusmc]I'm of the opinion if they are going to offer, I will partake!! I don't ask about them either. You earned it too!![/quote]

AMEN to that. Social Security is not to be considered a discount. We all have a story of a poverty level of some type we have been thru but I'm not looking to be a poor soul wanting a discount when one is offered. Discount coupons come all of the time whether its thru our newspaper advertisement or in snail mail. Sometimes something catches my eye on a product I've been watching and happen to clip a coupon allowing that discount and sometimes that can be coupled with a senior or military/veteran discount. I don't turn away a savings of that nature.
[signature]