Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jordanelle treated us to triplets
Went up Friday hoping to catch some kokes but couldn't get into them, trolled into the Provo arm and netted these 3 bows. I say triplets because they are all within 1/4 inch of each other and just over 16 inches, perfect size to fillet. Overall it was a decent day on the water and was just happy my wife and toddler were with me, kiddo had fun making faces on the windshield.
[signature]
Did you find jokes on your sonar? I saw on the TV they were fishing do in front of the dam.
[signature]
thanks for the report ,it's definitely
going to be a interesting lake this year
[signature]
The Triplets that you caught. Did you happen to notice if all three were missing their adipose fin? That's the fin between the dorsal fin and the caudal fin. We fin clipped just over 18,500 12" rainbow last April and I
was wondering if those were the same fish or a different lot that went in. Thanks
[signature]
[quote Festus]The Triplets that you caught. Did you happen to notice if all three were missing their adipose fin? That's the fin between the dorsal fin and the caudal fin. We fin clipped just over 18,500 12" rainbow last April and I
was wondering if those were the same fish or a different lot that went in. Thanks[/quote]

I want to say that they were clipped, one actually looked like most of its fins were clipped.
[signature]
Thanks. That is kind of what I thought. We will put in an additional 18,500 the last part of April that will be 12" and also fin clipped. You'll be able to see that as you catch them this year.
[signature]
[quote Festus]Thanks. That is kind of what I thought. We will put in an additional 18,500 the last part of April that will be 12" and also fin clipped. You'll be able to see that as you catch them this year.[/quote]

A 4-5 inch growth rate over a year seems to be pretty good, must be a ton of food for them in there!
[signature]