Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Good news/Bad news about Lost creek
Thanks for getting that link. I didn't want to pay the papers fee. Lame for me. The lake will be a nice place for non power boaters to fish. If I still had the float tubes it would be a favorite place. I kind of honor that as the Reelfast is a rowdy boat in nice quiet waters like Lost Creek. Hopefully the road and additional coverage from Morgan County will work out and be worth it for that genres of fishermen that can enjoy that lake.
[signature]
I fish lost creek every year for almost a decade now. I've never had to pay a fee to enter or needed to show state pass. Unless things have changed. There is no overnight camping. No open fires allowed. The lake itself is a wakeless lake to all watercraft with engines. The gates do get closed at a certain time each night and opens up at 6am the next morning I believe. The only downside as of late is the road. With the pothole infestation and the narrow areas, it would be nice to see it fixed. The slot limit was also a great thing to come of it. It's nice to see the reaction of my boys, especially my toddler now when he reels in a nice lunker in the slot every now and then. I hope no real big change happens to a great fishing hole.
[signature]
That lower gate is never closed at night. The sign has been up that it closes at 10 pm but I have personally come out of there after that time on multiple occasions and have never seen it closed. I just don't think they have anyone willing to do that every night and morning. Which is why all I see changing is a drop box for day usage payment and the roads getting fixed if they do not make it a state park. It will be interesting to see if they force the issue regarding access, making the county open the gate which accesses the NE arm of the reservoir to bank tanglers.
[signature]
I talked to Chris P on the phone about this the other day and that was one of the issues brought up. There is limited area to have any campground at LC until you get in the back there beyond that gate. Getting anyone to be a campground host in an area like that will be tough, IMO but he said that was likely the only way they would open that gate. He said all these issues will be decided in the future and he felt it was unlikely that anything more than paving the road would happen this year. Not sure of it's condition but I'm sure you are aware there is a pit toilet way back there. Back in the day we could camp for free there, when that road access was open but I guess there were those that had some big party's back in there and after the sheriff was called on several different occasions, they shut it down. As you said they haven't closed that gate by the base of the dam for many years but I don't think they ever closed at the hours listed there, except for maybe that first year, when they put the gate up, I know it did not last for long.
[signature]