Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Minn Kota Terrova Problems
My 24 volt 80 lb thrust Terrova with I Pilot Link is having issues. I have had it for three years, but only use it about 6 to 8 days a year.

Have any of you had this problem:
When I deploy the motor, The Green "System Ready" light comes on, but the Red "Autopilot On" light does not come on.

When I push the battery test button it shows that I have a full charge at the motor, so power isn't the issue.

Here's the real problem. When I turn on the I Pilot remote (that is fully charged) a message comes up that says "Motor Not Found". So I'm thinking it must be the I Pilot Controller in the head of the Minn Kota.

So I plug in the manual foot pedal, and it will not work, so now it's looking like it may be the main controller board in the base of the Minn Kota.

I have been emailing back and forth with the Minn Kota people, and they agree that it is ether the I Pilot Controller, the Main Controller, or both. They gave me the phone number of an Authorized Service Center to contact.

The Authorized Service Center guy I talked to said that, if it's the Main Controller it could cost around $400 parts and labor, and the I Pilot Controller would be more.

So has anyone else ever experienced this problem?

Thanks, Brian
[signature]
Did you ever solve this problem? Can't say I've had this problem but I haven't had mine long, just this year but one thing I will say is that corrosion can cause problem like this, especially with the manuel foot control pedal. Also, my autopilot on light does not come on until I turn it on, with my handheld controller.
[signature]