Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fishing around power plant in Long Beach
Unless it's Saturday then look out[crazy][sly]. I decided against going back down there. I talked to a LB Police friend who was very familar with that area and told we about attacks that happen down there including stabbings, battery and rape.

I was like none of that has to do with fishing[unsure] And lonehunter about the chemicals, I read about that too.

The screens the power plants use to keep trash and other contaminents get dirty and they use this harsh chemicals to clean them.

According to the City of Long Beach they test the water in that area often and there is acceptable levels which they feel the saltwater disburses safely.

What about long term effects of the fish? I am glad I catch and release 85% of my fish. I also bring fresh water and wash my hands when fishing locally.

I heard recently of someone fishing off Seal Beach Jetti that got a weird rash on there hands and arms after fishing that area. The doctor said it looked like something surfers get from surfing in water contaminated by raw sewage[unsure]

Crazy. I think I will stick to fishing piers, bays and lakes.
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Re: [DanielJRioux] Fishing around power plant in Long Beach - by releaseit - 02-20-2004, 02:56 PM