Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Powerful Quotes
I've been collecting quotes that support our 2nd amendment rights to own guns. Which one is your favorite???[cool]

"A free people ought to be armed."
-George Washington

"Those who give up essential liberties for temporary safety deserve neither liberty or safety."
-Benjamin Franklin

"Anyone who is not a liberal in his youth has no heart. Anyone who remains so as he matures has no brain!"
-Sir Winston Churchill

[size 3][font "Times New Roman"] [/font][/size]

"If the price I must pay for my freedom is to acknowledge that the government was granted the power to infringe on them, then I am not free."
-Pol Anderson

"Self-defense is Nature's eldest law."
-John Dryden

“Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician."
-Col. Jeff Cooper

"If you've got a gun law that criminals will obey, why not just turn it into a murder law that criminals will obey?"
-Andrew Ford

"It is because the people are civilized, that they are with safety armed."
-Joel Barlow

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it."
-Jeff Cooper

"If guns cause crime, all of mine are defective."
- Ted Nugent

"If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. That's ridiculous. If I have a gun, what in the hell do I have to be paranoid about?"
-Clint Smith

[i]"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!"

-Benjamin Franklin

"Arms in the hands of citizens may be used at individual discretion... in private self-defense."[/i]
-John Adams

"An armed society is a polite society."
-Robert Heinlein

"The one weapon every man, soldier, sailor, or airman should be able to use effectively is the rifle."
-President Dwight D. Eisenhower

"The right to buy weapons is the right to be free."
--AE Van Vogt

"That the Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to infringe the just liberty of the press or the rights of conscience; or to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms..." -Samuel Adams arguing for a Bill of Rights

""No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms."
-Thomas Jefferson

"If you look like prey, you will be eaten."
-Clint Smith

"From my cold, dead hands."
-Charlton Heston

"Gun Control means using both hands."
-Unknown

[#808000]“When citizens fear their government, you have tyranny; when the government fears it's citizens, you have freedom."[/#808000]
[#808000]-Thomas Jefferson[/#808000]
[signature]
I like all of them. They are all so inspirational and have some true meaning. I think my favorite one would have to be [size 1]“Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician." [/size]

[size 1]I have guns and guitars. I enjoy shooting as well as writing music.[/size]

[size 1]Thanks for the insight.[/size]
[signature]
So are you armed, a musician, an armed musician, or neither? lol [Tongue]

I consider myself fairly skilled with a rifle or shotgun, but guitars are out of the question for me.[crazy]
[signature]
I have a Rueger security 6 double action and a Mossberg 12awg 3 1/4 inch magnum pump shotgun. They protect my 6string classic guitar, 6 string steel string and my 12 string guitar. I love to play guitar and don't shoot while I'm playing nor do I play while I'm shooting.
[signature]
my favorite is by ben franklin:

[size 1]"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!"
-Benjamin Franklin [/size]

[signature]
i think the strongest quote i can think of that make you really think about the harms guncontrol can do came from from that sick screwball from austria in the 40's.

had we had the same laws in effect that we do now , well he just might have been the new world leader . thank god america had better sence back then .

you just can't ammend a god given right without his permission . as far as i know , god is not looking to retire in the near future .

gun controll just burns my biscuts !
[signature]
this is on the number plates of new hampshire, "LIVE FREE OR DIE" I LIKE THAT ONE! ad fer a funny, " GUN CONTROL MEANS HITTIN YOUR TARGET!" HAHA I GOT THAT ON MY HELMET! HAHA [Smile][Wink]
[signature]
I LIKE THE 2,ND ONE WITH BEN FRANKLIN, AND THE 5TH ONE, THEY SEEM RIGHT TIGHT TO THE POINT. AND THATS THE WAY TIS. SHORT AND SWEET! HAHA AND MINE![Smile]
[signature]