Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Deer Creek for the first time
Headed to deer Creek with the wife. We were targeting walleye and had very little gear to target trout. So we decided to use what we had, folks were trolling around the south boat ramp at what is known as sail boat beach. Caught rainbows and Browns on fire tiger, Number five, flicker shad’s and pearl whites, trolling 2.7 mph, out 100 feet, using planer boards. We also found blue/chrome rattle traps to work. These worked for trout along West bluffs and up north in front of the inlet. Up north we saw what looked like walleye marks on the fishfinder in about 20 feet of water. Switched to crawler harness and chartreuse jig head and managed to catch three eyes before the wind blew us off the lake. What a beautiful lake. No one we talked to were fishing walleyes or at least would not admit it. pictures of two of the trout the walleyes to follow.
Thanks for the report and pics Gene, sure haven't heard much from the boat anglers on catching eyes this year. Good looking bow too.
[signature]
If that was the first time you ever fished Deer Creek you did great. Sure glad that they have decided that it doesn't have mussels because I am looking forward to heading up there soon and fish for walleye again.
[signature]
You really did great. Fighting the weather can be a problem too. Those walleyes were good size. Did you get when all on crawler harness? What color was best?
I was at Jordannelle and struggled in the wind. Caught on curry, good size but I wanted kokes.
[signature]
Hate it when the speller on the computer knows what to saw and thinks you don't know.
[signature]
See what I mean! Say. Saw.
[signature]
still don't get it.
[signature]
Two on a blue crawler harness, one on a blue/ chartreuse twister on a 1/4 oz jig head.
Saw!!!
[signature]
Fine Job on the Walleye, enjoy the meal!!
[signature]
Nice catch, they will make a nice meal.
[signature]