Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FG 5/14 - 5/16
Wife and I wanted an early trip to check out the Gorge so hooked up True Blue and headed over to Manila for three days. Kokanee were on fire, but lake trout pups weren't interested this trip. Water temp 55F and clear. 5" hot pink trolling blades with 1 1/2" hot pink spinner squids was best for Kokes. Looked around from the Ranch to Hideout. Found most Kokanee near Anvil and Wildhorse. Weather great, but cold mornings. Nice first trip.
[signature]
[quote trueblue2]Wife and I wanted an early trip to check out the Gorge so hooked up True Blue and headed over to Manila for three days. Kokanee were on fire, but lake trout pups weren't interested this trip. Water temp 55F and clear. 5" hot pink trolling blades with 1 1/2" hot pink spinner squids was best for Kokes. Looked around from the Ranch to Hideout. Found most Kokanee near Anvil and Wildhorse. Weather great, but cold mornings. Nice first trip.[/quote]

Were you targeting pups or just didn't catch any "accidentals" on koke gear? Sounds a bit weird if you were targeting them, they typically aren't very picky.
[signature]
I've never had problems with the pups before this trip. Always got to take a bunch home for the smoker (they are great smoked and make fantastic smoked trout dip).
We used mostly spinners and small spoons and went down to the 40 to 60' depth where we marked them. Tried lots of colors and different speeds, but no go. Wondering if anyone else had the same results???

Saw lots of guys jigging for the lakers. Believe they were after the larger ones. Good luck if you go over.
[signature]
[quote trueblue2]I've never had problems with the pups before this trip. Always got to take a bunch home for the smoker (they are great smoked and make fantastic smoked trout dip).
We used mostly spinners and small spoons and went down to the 40 to 60' depth where we marked them. Tried lots of colors and different speeds, but no go. Wondering if anyone else had the same results???

Saw lots of guys jigging for the lakers. Believe they were after the larger ones. Good luck if you go over.[/quote]

That is odd. Must be something in the water this week, lots of runoff maybe?
[signature]
Friend of mine also there this week, said same thing....good on kokes but no go on pup lakers or rainbows for him....
[signature]
sounds like a good time.How deep did you catch most of your kokanee.could you see schools on your fishfinder,
thanks
[signature]
The Kokes were all 25 to 30'. The sonar picked them up easily. Wouldn't exactly call them "schools", but rather clusters of two to six. Interestingly, caught many that came in from outside the sonar cone.
[signature]