Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UL-American Fork
Read a post yesterday that the White Bass were biting out of American Fork. Weather looked to be reasonable today so the wife and I hit the road. Got on the water about 8:30 ish. Turned west out of the boat harbor, stopped in several spots at various depths and distance from the edge. Goal was to boat some whities for future bait. First bait taker turned out to be a big ugly Bullhead on my line, so had the first fish on, but cut it loose without even bringing into the boat to pose for a photo.
After 2 hours with nothing but that Bullhead, decide to move out into a little deeper water. Got out into about 5 fow, and almost as soon as the anchor was down, the wife's pole bent over and was bouncing on the gunwale, not in a rod holder but she grabbed it quick. [sly] Her first Cat of the year! Took a photo for her contest page (Tin-Can's Mate) but shortly after that one, she had number 2 begging to come on board, and it was a bit bigger. She posted the 24 inch Cat to her contest board. Then between us, we caught another Bullhead (me [:/], and finally 3 or 4 whities. The Whities have been preserved for our next trip to the land of BLK and TD. Hopefully to poach one of their 36 inchers ....[Wink].
Thunder clouds were moving in on the mountains, so decided to call it a day.
[signature]
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool
I read the same reports as you and saw you on Saturday at Willard, we got skunked and then I saw you on Sunday at Utah Lake we got a bunch of white bass in the creek south of American Fork harbor and e few mud cats.
[signature]
I would like to hit American fork. How do you pay at the harbor?
I did not see any other boats or waders either. Usually there's a few looking for walleyes.
I think the whites are caught along the duke and in the harbor.
[signature]
If you go into the boat harbor, run by the city of American Fork, there is a gate shack. If no one there, get an envelope off the wall, fill it out, place $ in it. Cost and instructions are on the envelope. Be sure you have a invasive species certification sheet in the window of your rig.
Water levels are not real deep, but good enough for smaller shallow draft boats. About 5 fow at the docks, 4-6 fow out the marina channel, and about 5 fow at about 300 yards off shore.
[signature]
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool
Thank you I'm thinking Thursday morning.
[signature]