Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Starvation Walleye
I was thinking about targeting some of those smaller walleye that the DNR are encouraging everyone to catch and keep at Starvation. I’ll be fishing from a kayak so was wondering if Rabbit Gulch would be a good starting point. I was also hoping someone would chime in and recommend a good technique or these eyes. I was thinking vertical jigging with half a night crawler on a 1/4 oz jig head or maybe casting and retrieving a 1/8 oz with a night crawler! Any input appreciated!
[signature]
That should work fine. So would Gulp minnows or plastic swimbaits instead of the nightcrawler.
[signature]
Tough to beat a keitech swing impact swimbait for walleyes.
[signature]
look for 15 to 20ft flats that drop off the deep water. We did great pitching 1/8 jigs with a crawler. Just work them across the bottom back to the boat.
[signature]
Thanks for the tips!
[signature]
Yes the keitech swing works good at DC. Colors may vary, but the way you fish it is more important than the color.
[signature]
Try the wash just off the sandy beach 20 to 30 ft . Crazy night bight right now.
[signature]
Try most places along the shoreline after dark with jigs and plastics and you can catch all you want in the 10-12 in. category, at least we did last week. They are so thick in some places that if you flick a head lamp on the bottom will light up like diamonds with all the shiny eyeballs. Just wish they were bigger. [:/]
[signature]
Thanks for the tips, everyone!
[signature]