Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I can finally post!...
...I have been trying to register off and on for 2 months. I have attempted to do so under different names a total of 6 times but I guess my 6th time was the charm. Anyways, I have appreciated all of your posts, especially you bear lake fishermen. I tried out the bear yesterday off cisco beach from noon-4pm. I got into a small 9' whitefish within 30 minutes but it was dead for the next two hours. As I kept moving around I hit the jackpot for whitefish and landed 7 of them in an hour. The biggest was 17' and about 2 lbs (she was fat!) These fish were caught on an ice fly tipped with a wax worm. No luck with cutts or macks using a jig tipped with a shinner. I moved as far out as 100 feet of water to try an land a trout but no success.

I am interested in trying out the rock pile. Where do you park to walk there? What has worked best in recent weeks? Thanks!
[signature]
Welcome aboard.
[signature]
Drive in at Ideal Beach (the charge is $1) and down to the shoreline to have walking access to the rockpile. How deep of water were you in when you caught the whitefish?
[signature]
Kent, thanks for the directions! I was in about 25-35 feet. Only about 15 yards off the shore! I moved 4 times and the closer to shore I got the better the fishing. The whitefish were so agressive that I caught all of them on the same ice fly, the fly lost all of it's bright colors and just looked like a big metal hook but they still took it.
[signature]
welcome to the best site.
[signature]
Welcome to the board!! I will be out on the rockpile Saturday, if you have radios keep it on channel 12 and give me a call!!
[signature]
Welcome to the site Casthookreel, I'm glad to hear you did not give up even though you had a hard time registering.
Good to hear you got into the whitefish, it has been very slow for cutts and macks but a few are still being caught.
I think the area that Kent is talking about is called, Blue water condos, they use to be called Sweetwater condos.
The problem is there is not always someone at the gate to pay the dollar entry fee, if you get by the gate you take a right then first left at the sign that says no vehicles past this point, follow the road down to the edge of the ice. Check out the post for Bearlake from the last few days to see what people have been using. Good luck and let us know how you do. WH2
[signature]
Congrats, It was weel worth the wait!
[signature]