Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fish Lake
Has anybody been down to Fish Lake recently and willing to share some info? DWR is showing "No Recent Reports" [bobSad] Somebody's gotta be fishing down there, right?

(Yes, I know I can call the lodge.)
[signature]
According to their Facebook page, there has been some pretty nice mac’s caught..
[signature]
That's what I like to hear. I think I'm gonna give it a go this weekend.
[signature]
New guy from Nevada here.
I am heading up to fish lake July 1 thru 4 and am hoping to take many of the perch back home for dinner. This will be my first trip up there.
I have a float tube, any advice on were exactly to fish for perch?
I will be camping in the mackinaw camp ground.

Greg
[signature]
We were there 2 weekends again. We trolled pop gear and a worm and had steady action. Quality was great. 5 species trip.
[signature]
Cowboy Up!
The entire lake is ringed with milfoil, it is a perch heaven.
Just paddle out to 13'-16' fow and drop a hook with a small piece of worm to the bottom. You will almost instantly get bit.
The perch are not big but last I heard the DWR estimated the lake held roughly 4.5 million perch.
No daily limit,no possession limit, and no wanton waste law on FL perch.
Take a million or two home!
[signature]
Good to hear. Thanks for the report. I was debating on going somewhere else with the lack of reports. You have re inspired me. [bobhappy]
[signature]
Thanks that sounds like the going thing for the perch. I cleaned a little over a hundred by myself the last time I got into them in Nevada so we will see how I do this trip.
I know they are kind of a pest but they taste good.

Greg
[signature]
I love the spiny little devils.
I grew up catching them and I still go to great lengths in seach of big perch.
I will be at FL for a week starting 7/24 and if you hear someone giggling like a school girl it will be me spot-locked in 13'-16' fow with a 6' ultralight, low test line, and wearing a pair of polarized glasses.
[signature]
Was camping at Doctor Creek and took a family of first time fishers from Penn. out to catch a few of them.
The dad said it was like catching fish in a barrel.
I ended up filleting a bunch for them and they got about a pounds worth of filets to take with them. That night they sent a text to my bride from Arches saying how good they were.
Kids were in 7th heaven catching the little buggers.
[signature]
I forgot to let you know to watch for tagged perch.
If caught take to Lakeside Marina to enter.
My bride caught one 3 days ago. Don't expect to get anything in the drawing as the bottle that they put her tag in held a few hundred tags in it already.
[signature]
I'm going July 9 to the 14 with some scouts
I think 4 boats are going
my boat will not be fishing for perch
have not heard if they are catching Kokanee but will find out
[signature]
Thanks for all the info.
Motorhome front end alignment finished and loaded up ready to go. Still can’t leave till Sunday morning but I’ll be there soon.
I read about the tags you never know anyone could win.
Wife is not going and wants to know if there is cell service? Last 5 day trip I didn’t have any which is alright with me but she likes to keep in touch.

Thanks

If you see this ugly mug in a yellow tube say hi.
[signature]
Just a heads up, highway 24 was closed south of Sigurd when I was heading down Friday afternoon. It was re opened Saturday morning, but then I heard on the radio they were closing it again. There's a big fire down there. I had to take the scenic route around the back way. Hopefully they get it under control soon.

Fishing was good.
[signature]
I can't tell you how to catch them, but I can tell you where they are. The attached video is on the East shoreline north of the lodge. I have a similar video of the East shoreline south of the lodge also.
youtube link https://youtu.be/jt7ezLBBFSo
The sonar playback speed is increased to 10x in this video, and represents about 12 minutes of trolling. We tried this and other similar spots multiple times, using everything in the box, at every speed between 1.5 and 2.8MPH
We tried....
Flasher and squids (multiple color combos)
Large plastic swim baits
medium rubber swim baits
small plastic and rubber swim baits
flat fish
rapalas

We could not manage to catch any of the fish shown on the sonar.
If someone could let me know the secret to catching these fish, I would love it.

We did manage to get 8 rainbow, 1 lake trout, and 1 salmon but nothing over 16"

Most of the fish where caught on long lines with flasher and pink squid.

We did see 1 fisherman with a 6 pound laker, who was fishing from a small rental boat with no down riggers, and no sonar.
[signature]
Hey welcome to BFT, hope you had a great trip, and let us know how it went... Later J
[signature]
thanks for the video
it looks like Lakers on the bottom, higher it is hard to say
will be there for 5 days , have not fished for lakers at FL, will give it a try
I know how to catch the big lakers at Flaming Gorge

I have 4 downriggers so can fish for different Kinds of fish at the same time

looking at your map it looks like you are on the south side
[signature]
I'd love to know how to catch the big lakers. I've tried everything and have been unsuccessful both at Flaming gorge and Fish Lake. We caught everything in the lake but the BIG ones.[crazy]
[signature]
Fish lake trip
Well that was a fun trip and I’m looking forward to going again.
Arrived Sunday afternoon after getting parked went down to the lake and watched 7 float tubes all catching perch nice calm water but my license didn’t start till Monday so just watched.
Monday morning in the tube catching perch and a few small trout until around 930 when the wind blew me off the lake. Set around till 3 and decided to try again. Picked up a rock on shore and tied a rope to it for an anchor. Just about killed this fat guy paddling out past the weeds but got my anchor down and lost count of how many perch I pulled in. Just before dark pulled up my rock and drifted into shore.
Tuesday all day white caps on the whole lake and just couldn’t get out so walked to one of the lodges for lunch and then the other just for kicks. Talked to a bunch of folks from different states and just had a nice day.
Wednesday morning on the lake at 5am fish jumping everywhere and caught what I think was a splake. 14 inches real pretty and let in go. I had a slip bobber set up but really needed a spinner at that time. Around 9 went back to camp to get ready to go home.
Now I’m home and it’s 106 outside and I wish I was back up there.
Thanks for all the info everyone gave.

Greg
[signature]