Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ive had the worst luck this year.
In MN this weekend was the last weekend for Walleye and Northern. I went out the last two weekends for notta. I did not even catch a walleye this winter. Unless I accidentally catch a northern or walleye while fishing for crappie I'm kinda out of the race for the ice tourney.
[signature]
[#ff0000]well you know what the ice fishing this year just hasnt been the same. Im from nj and usually we slauter them this time of year but we get 1 here 2 there u know real slow. we have to walk all over the lake just to get a hit.[/#ff0000]
[signature]
well that bites , just take a camera along just in case one hits . [cool]

the fish aughta' respect our contests a little more and show some co-operation , don't they realise we got a deadline to meet ![crazy]
[signature]
you should see the bass we are catching and releasing on the ice.

I gotta get the camera out on the lake more often. ya just never know what is going to hit.

I caught another mud puppy. about 14 inches, no camrea near by. and they are out of season months now. that was the second one I caught this year.
[signature]
Aren't the bass out of season now as well?

Hmmm, I suppose I might as well put away my tip-up that was used for the first time today. Didn't catch a thing after 2 hrs. The shiner sure was kicking even after all that time! I let him go. Kept the other shiners and put them in my aquarium. They're pretty in there.

So what's left for us to catch here in MN? Panfish, rough fish, and what else?
[signature]
[Wink] Today the inland waters closed for walleye and pike , but the border waters remain open , so you guys that are making the LOTWs trip , the contest isn't even close to being over !!!! A 38 inch pike or a 28 inch walleye is very possible on the trip , also a 30 + ellpout and a 18 inch tullipee is very possible !! The game isn't over till the crappies stop flopping on the ice !!!!!!
[signature]
My girlfriends brother-in-law was telling me today that Walleye are closed for the year in Canada. Any truth to this?
[signature]
[Smile]The pike and walleye season don't close till the end of march in Manitoba !!
[signature]
do you guys have bowfin and stergeon out your way? a 48 inch bowfin or 60 inch stergeon would do the job.
[signature]
I caught a bowfin last summer while fishing for carp. But it was only about 24 inches. Mean looking things they are.
[signature]
ooooowey do they! and the smell worse than they look when you cut them open. and they are greasy to boot. kinda like sticking your hand in a can of lard that wont wash off.
[signature]
[Smile] There is sturgeon on LOTW , but they seem to hang around the other side of the lake !!

[signature]
I'd like to see you pull one of them up through the ice!
[signature]
bassass gets the dogs in his area up to 5 feet in length ! there a ugly sucker aren't they .

1 bowfin can desimise a small stream , eat all the other fish in a years time !
[signature]
stergon joe's is an hours drive for me , maybe a , cough, cough , can't make it in today , call might be comming up . lol !
[signature]