Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
willard confrontation
Sweet. Always carry your Glock.
[signature]
Last year, the park rangers told me to call 9 11 and report it. Sheriff's office will forward call to the park and they'll respond. Twice they responded based upon my calls and issued tickets.
[signature]
Problem has been taken care of at Lincoln... haven’t even seen any skiers or boarders for at least the past 2-3 weeks.[Wink]
[signature]
Thanks for everyone's feedback, I wish I would of thought to get my phone out and video the whole thing but I was so furious at the whole situation I wasn't thinking straight. Sounds like from all the experiences that others are having, the park service better get out and do their job before someone gets hurt. I think I'm going to start packing a small bag of rocks and see how they like a big chip out of the gel coat on their fancy boat. Either way I'm done with Willard for the year, it's not worth the frustration.. And I sure as hell won't deal with PV either.
Be safe fellow fishermen
[signature]
i'm sorry for the experience you had but i'm afraid it's all too common . people are just Richards ,no amount of law enforcement can fix all the stupid people out there . this is Sad because these are the same people who will spread std's all over utah .
[signature]
Stupid people are the STD's of the world.
[signature]
Live to hunt----- Hunt to live.
A couple years ago when I used to fish from a pontoon, I was up at East Canyon and some jet skiers came by and directly was the ranger who came over to see if I was ok and proceed after them. So sometimes enforcement is Johnny on the spot!
[signature]
[quote Cessna150]Sweet. Always carry your Glock.[/quote]

you spelled Kimber wrong [Wink]
[signature]
Sorry, I"m not rich enough for a Kimber. In the mean time, I'll be happy with my trusty Glock. ;-)
[signature]
I have to ask you one question. Was Bearclaw in your boat? He seams to attract all the aholes when he fishes in my boat....
[signature]
[quote petty4life]He seams to attract all the aholes when he fishes in my boat....[/quote]

L.O.L. [sly]
[signature]
I have fished Starvation this summer quite a few times and will say that Allan and his park rangers keep a pretty good handle on things down there.
[signature]
[quote ice_sled]… Then some nut launching next to me asked if I was a Trump man? ( Trump 2020 decal on my truck). When I answered yes he asked if I wanted a a__kicking. Then headed toward my truck in an aggressive manner he suddenly stopped. Didn’t like my Glock I suppose.[/quote]

I put a custom decal on my off-road, boat pulling, surf fishing vehicle. It's a great conversation starter. Look closely because it appears subedued in full sun, but at night it stands out because it's cut from reflective decal material.

Ronald Smile
Maybe it's only Willard that seems to be "under serviced" by DNR Rangers. Every time I've been to Hyrum I've seen the Ranger head out in his boat several times a day. Not always for a specific violator, but cruising the water making his presence known.
[signature]
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool
Every Saturday at Sand Hollow...that's why we hit it at the break of dawn and get off by 0900 when the party boats start showing up (that, and the scorching heat). I've literally smashed 1/2 oz lead heads off of boats as they passed too close, but when that doesn't get their attention...6'3" 280lbs and 6'7" 300 lbs (brother) of corn-fed beef does...we have no problem running their a***** down with my 250 mariner! JACK WAGONS!!!
[signature]
The power squadron is a problem all over everywhere, even on places like Powell, Mead, and the Gorge. Some people just don't have any common sense and don't care about others.. The advent of phone camera's has been a great boon to capture some of this crap, but even better are the new "Go Pro" type units. They are not that expensive, will make a great recording, with sound, and are easy to use. I would recommend that everyone save a few pennies, don't buy a new combo or some new lures, and purchase one. The idiots that cause the problems will eventually be run off the water if they are filmed and reported to the rangers. Pineview had to do something due to a couple of fatal accidents. Willard, Deer Creek, and Jordanelle are not far behind in waiting for a major accident. The nice thing is that if the Ranger at the park does not want to get involved, you can always take it to the boss' in SLC or even to one of the news outlets. It also helps to get to know the Ranger and the staff, so they know you are not some crazy and will listen to you. Remember, above all else, BE SAFE !!

PS: TD needs to re-share some of his stories about Willard. He has some great one's!!
"PS: TD needs to re-share some of his stories about Willard. He has some great one's!!"

[#0000FF]Seems that Willard has always been a magnet for selfish &%$@#s. Started tubing it in the late 1970s. In those days...before jet skis, shad and wipers...I was often the only craft on the water. Most Utah anglers then were troutaholics and there were not many that deliberately hit Willard for the walleyes, crappies, bluegill and/or catfish.
[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]
[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]But there were still a few dorks that seemingly hit the water only to harass others. As my old buddy Therapist suggests, I had more than my share of "confrontations" with them. Some involved showing idiot boaters how accurate I could be with my casts...within the proximity limit. A heavy sinker or a large hook-bristling crankbait across their bow...or worse...usually got an irate response about how careless and dangerous I was. After all, they owned the lake.[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]
[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]My best encounters...of all times...Involved the use of a slingshot...with marbles or steel balls. Usually just holding it up...ready to fire...got the boats to swerve away from the ramming course they were on. But a couple of broken windshields made me some new friends too.
[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]
[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]My last slingshot defense actually included shooting a water skier in the behind...from only a few feet away...as he made his third spraying pass while I was fishing along the dikes. And we were the only two craft on the whole lake. Fortunately, a ranger boat was just exiting the boat channel and witnessed the whole thing. Because I knew the rangers and was on good terms with them, the boat got a citation and got booted off the lake. And then I got a stern reprimand...in between the two rangers laughing their PFDs off. And it was strongly suggested I not bring my weapons of splash defense on the lake anymore.[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]
[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]But some anglers are pretty crass too. I have actually had trollers bounce off the side of my tube while dragging lures. And they usually yell at ME for hogging their trolling lanes. And...while working on crappies out of the north marina in my float tube it has not been uncommon for boats to move up right on top of me when they see me catching fish. I have been literally surrounded by boats and had to almost fight my way out to get away...usually to comments like "Hey, you're getting kinda close ain'tcha?"[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]
[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]Yeah, Willard attracts the elite.[/#0000FF]
[signature]
You didn't report one of your best ones and I won't tell.[Wink]
[signature]
[#0000FF]Thanks. But what is the price of your silence?[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]I doubt that the bodies will ever be found anyway.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]
[quote TubeDude][#0000ff]
[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]
[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Thanks. But what is the price of your silence?[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]
[/#0000ff]
[/quote]

I'll let you know when I figure it out.[Wink]
[signature]