Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pineview Muskies
Anybody have any good tips for beginning muskie fisherman? I will be at pineview from this wednesday to friday. We will have a boat
[signature]
There is a lot of perch in that lake, so I would use anything that resembles a perch.

Also, according to the guidebook you can use DEAD yellow perch in pineview. Here’s what it says, “Dead yellow perch may be used as bait only in Big Sandwash, Deer Creek, Echo, Fish Lake, Gunnison, Hyrum, Johnson, Jordanelle, Mantua, Mill Meadow, Newton, Pineview, Red Fleet, Rockport, Starvation, Utah Lake, Willard Bay and Yuba reservoirs.”

Good Luck!
[signature]
alright thanks
[signature]
Always be careful and check the guide book. You cannot use whole fish for bait at Pineview. Yes you can cut up perch but Cut bait can be no larger than 1 inch in any dimension. FYI! Good luck! It's a blast when you get one!!
[signature]
yep thanks for the reminder! I always have the newest version of the handbook in my tackle bag so I will look at that!
[signature]
You’ll want to use at least 50# braided line with a wire leader. Better yet Anglers Den in Roy sells mono leaders (which are better) in their musky area. So you will also have some great choices of a few musky lures there. There are signs around the reservoir with helpful tips to handling a musky should you catch one. They are very sensitive plus the hot weather can make them more vulnerable to dying, only hold them horizontally & try to keep them out of the water as little as possible, big nets are a must. Heavy action pole is best too. Tight lines....
[signature]
in the early morning try a black and green top raider, then after that try a 1/2oz. green and white tandom blade spinner bait. I've done very well with the spinner bait in the past.
[signature]
Anglers Den in Roy is the place. They sell fluorocarbon quality leaders. They are quality made with Tiger Muskie fishing in mind. These aren’t mono leaders. Made with fluorocarbon specific.
[signature]
Thanks for the correction Kimski! 😁
[signature]
Years ago, I used to troll for them a lot and do quite well. I haven't fished for them for years now so things might have changed a lot.

Attached are a couple of documents that might be of interest to you. One of the documents are my notes from back when I used to troll for them.

Now, having said that, no doubt K2muskie will read them and LOL. Team K2muskie are, no doubt, the ones to pay close attention to when it comes to "all things muskie at Pineview".

--- Coot ---
[signature]
They have been heard of in many parts of the US. I booked a guide for my dad and I last summer for a day of fishing in Northern Wis. who is an avid muskie fisherman had heard of Kim and Kaye. His name is Josh Teigan and an excellent young man to spend the day with.
[signature]