Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Park City next week
I'm leaving Sunday for a week in Park City, only a couple of days of which I have to work.

I got some good suggestions for lakes in the Uintas when I posted several months ago in a different thread. If anyone has any other advice it would be greatly appreciated.

My priorities for fishing are 1) high mountain lakes and streams, 2) smaller, less presssured rivers, and 3) the Provo, Weber, etc.

Dining suggestions in Park City of Heber City would be appreciated as well.

Thanks.
[signature]
Mid Provo running high, caddis at sundown.
Lower Provo is running even higher.
Weber is running nice, not a lot of bug action but terrestrials are starting to be a factor.
Northside Uintas is fishing nice. Bear, west fork of Blacks fork...
Strawberry river is all tore up from the fires and now flash flooding.

Dining suggestions? You want $42 steak entries or $8 burrito plates? Or anything in between.

While hitting the Weber I suggest a short tour of the High West Distillery in Wanship and then fish the Weber downstream form there.
[signature]
I was fortunate to fish all or at least a few hours of Sunday through Friday. Explored a lot of different waters including the Weber, some high mountain lakes, and a number of south slope Uinta streams. There is such a wealth of good water within 2 hours it was difficult to fish even a fraction of it.

More than anything, I enjoy catching the native trout of the West on dry flies....
[signature]
Nice, glad it happened for you.
You can certainly surprize yourself what you can pull out of about any moving water with an Olive Elk Hair Caddis or a hopper with a dropper (killer bug, zebra midge).
The number of 16" fish living in 8" of water is astounding.
[signature]
Glad you had a good time. Fly fishing in Utah is underrated but that helps keeps it from being fished too much besides big name waters. One of the beauties of fishing there is it’s year round and in SW Utah you can frequently fish without snow or a jacket in the winter.
Now I know you got skunked at the one stream. That stream is the most productive trout stream per cfs of water when it comes to the combination of size and numbers that I have ever fished in the Intermountain West. Unfortunately at this time of the year it takes being proficient at tight line nymphing, not fishing behind anyone and not starting until at least noon to see results. It’s a tough stream to crack. Took me at least a dozen trips to figure out when and where to fish not to mention finding the easiest way around and out without trails.
[signature]
[quote riverdog] Took me at least a dozen trips to figure out when and where to fish not to mention finding the easiest way around and out without trails.[/quote]

Isn't the easiest place to move around is it? On the upper end, I went down some slopes I wasn't sure I was going to get back up...
[signature]