Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strawberry Koke updates?
Hi all. Heading up Saturday afternoon and was wondering if there were any updates as to which part of the lake seemed to be producing the best for kokes? We killed them at FG the last few days and will post pics soon along with some great laker pics!!
[signature]
I talked to the fishing tackle guy at Cabela's this morning. He said Soldier Creek side was kicking out some nice ones at around 30-35 ft. Strawberry side 40-50 ft. Take your pick!

TiteLines
[signature]
We were up at the Soldier Creek side today. Struggled finding the Kokes today. Only managed 1 likely missed about 4 ( I’m guessing by the location and depth they were Kokes ) . Had all the action we wanted from slot cuts and planter bows. Fished the channel heading towards the narrows area, back and forth. Using prism dodger and pink squid with spinner blades.
[signature]
Thanks all!!
[signature]
Took a co-worker and his gf's two boys to the Strawberry side this morning (Saturday). It was still fairly slow but managed 8 by 10:00 am. That actually was not too bad considering the boys were doing the bringing in.

The kokes are getting redder though still seem decent fleshed. I think they are fighting harder too. The boys got pretty excited when those fish went airborne, then wrapped up the other lines. Still managed to net most.

Started fishing the middle of the reservoir, south to north. Then turned and went back south again. No good landmarks out there, just right in the middle of the lake in 77 FOW most of the time.

That should be a pretty fresh report, if you see it in time. Good luck
[signature]
Thanks for your report!
[signature]
Thanks for posting, the wife and I just arrived at our trailer at Starvation for a few days hoping to try strawberry or Soldier Creek one of those days for Kokes haven't been there since the middle of June hopefully we can find some.
[signature]