Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ice in August
Usually around this time I start to think about ice fishing to take my mind off the heat or unsuccessful trips.
Kind of like Christmas in July on tv ( made for TV Christmas movies must be pretty cheap to show) but not as asinine, its a good time to think of what you're looking forward to this winter, good memories or anything else.
I'm mainly looking forward to no mosquitos, ticks, spiders* and rocks.
[#bf0000]Have to add intense sun and smoky air to my summer hate list, people who swim in untreated water to my annoyance list.
[/#bf0000]
*in webs, do OK with spiders on me, then they're the intruder and usually don't bite. Its more of a honor to have them building webs on you, or a sign you need to move more, catching bugs with your own spiders web is just a sign of patience.
[signature]
So how was your ice fishing?
[signature]
Seen some ice in the stream and puddles up on the Fish Lake unit last week while I was deer hunting... probably be awhile before it's fishable though... Still the same it's coming... looking forward to the hard water... Later J
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000]Yep - only a month out for the Henry's Lake trip to Idaho. Lots of new tackle & gear being discussed over on IS by both the ID & UT gang. High Uinta lakes are probably getting some ice by now with snow up around 10,000 plus feet falling and staying.[/#800000][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000]
[/#800000][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000]My local go to store (Angler's Den in Roy, UT) has some very interesting new tackle from Johnson that will see the inside of my tackle box very soon.[/#800000][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000][cool][/#800000][/font]
[signature]
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."
I started working on my tent last night, going to spruce it up a bit for this season. Kind of fun to do those projects. Bring on the ice. Later J
[signature]