Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Slams
So I seen this article on KSL today and it naturally sucked me in...
[url "https://www.ksl.com/?sid=46369840&nid=1288&title=fishing-slams-for-anglers-in-utah"]https://www.ksl.com/?sid=46369840&nid=1288&title=fishing-slams-for-anglers-in-utah[/url]

So I know this is how the group makes their money is talking folks into paying them to give them recognition for catching fish and all, and not to make lite of the accomplishment, but I suspect many of us on the board could accomplish these slams if we set our minds to it... Wonder how much trouble I'd get in if we did BFT slams or called them something else and saved ya the money but gave you the BFT recognition... I'd like to take on the challenge, but don't want to pay for it and I don't really need any recognition either, it's just meeting a challenge and accomplishing something tough that I'm interested in... So all of you legal experts tell me if I did a poker challenge on the contest page and listed different hands like a pair, three of a kind, four of a kind and five of a kind involving different trout species in a day.. would I get in trouble for infringement???? I'm thinking this may be something fun to add to our fishing enjoyment.... I'd like to try it, I think I could hit Bear Lake and pull in a cutthroat and mac, then hit logan canyon for a brown and a rainbow.. possibly Beaver creek or white pine for a brookie... yup it's do able... it will take a full day, but I'm talking five of kind... Let me know your thoughts? Later Jeff
[signature]
So what if we added a full house and 3 warm water species and 2 trout species in a day or vice versa??? Royal flush is 5 trout species all over 14"... That would be a real challenge... I got it all mapped out and time frames figured, I think it can be done, if we can get the Bear Lake piece of the puzzle to work... Hard to guarantee I'd be able to pull in both a mac and a cutthroat in 2-3 hours... , but I'm pretty sure I could pull in the other 3 species, biggest problem will be hiking in and out to catch the brookie... I can see some real potential here that's for sure... Let me know how crazy I am??? Later J
[signature]
I think it's a great idea. They would have to prove that you copied them explicitly and that it hurt them financially, in my opinion. Anybody can have a for-fun contest among friends, wouldn't you think? Recently I attempted to catch up to eight warm- and cold-water species in a day, but only managed four: grayling, cutthroat, rainbow, and bullhead. I think I had a good shot at brook, brown, channel cat, and white bass, but I just got too tired to keep going (not as young as I used to be). I only did it as a challenge to myself and to show what great variety of fishing we have right here in Utah County. I vote that we do something along these lines. It could be like the catfish contest: a fun challenge with bragging rights as reward enough.
[signature]
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

It never hurts to go directly to the source to find out whether or not they mind.
[signature]
I'm thinking we could gather a small group of BFT'ers and go after it together and I'm pretty sure we could do it in one or two attempts. I think a tag team would work well so you didn't have too many resources you had to take care of by yourself. Like boats pack gear and etc. if their fantasy slam is that big of deal it would be cool to have a couple BFT'ers pull it off together on the same day. I'm thinking I'm going to plan this out and go for it. Does sound fun. Later J
[signature]
Pretty sure if you said hey I want to do a challenge kind of like yours but not pay you, I suspect I know what their answer would be. But at the same time it can't be exclusive to them alone to say I have a contest to catch certain kinds of fish. Guess it wouldn't hurt to ask though and maybe we could build a synergy between the efforts. Thanks for the suggestion Kent. I'll see if I can find a contact. Later J
[signature]