Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Echo, Echo, Echo, Perch!!!!
Calling All Perch Lovers. Bring your kids, Anchor in 25 -30 feet of water. 9-11 inch filletable. Good Eaten. Cutter bugs, Gazillia's , and Gizzy bugs. Don't leave home without them. Bring the kids. The Neighbor kids, up the street kids, and around the block kids. Fishing is on Fire. Quarter ounce jig head catches the big Uns" . If you are ever going to take a day off work do it now. Go with the kids, Call it the going back to school special! The water skiers make it even better, they jig your poll for you. Keep it simple for the kids. Use a kastmaster and 14 inches of line with a treble hook. Cut your first Perch into 1" by 1/4" and one run barb thru the skin. I call this a killer rig. The only thing my kids wanted to fish with when they were younger. If you haven't had a bite in 10 minutes move 15 to 20 feet. The fish were coming thru in 5 foot to 15 foot clouds. Fast fishing! Go get them!!! PM me if you have any questions.
[signature]
I missed the crappie bite this spring with the kids so this sound like a great (and tasty) alternative. Thanks for the report!
[signature]
Other than the boat-wave reference, this sounds like one of your ice fishing posts.
Are you sure you aren't jumping the gun by 5 months? You'd better hope your ice fishing buddies don't read this. You know how those guys are.
[signature]
It was almost as good as Alaska...well a few thousand dollars cheaper anyways...The new Helix 9 fish finder is awesome you can see everything!!!
[signature]
I'm not a perch fisher but I wanted to commend the title of this thread.
[signature]
that says that there is a lot of perch in there. [cool]
[signature]
Thanks for the report, just curious I have not fished Echo for years in a boat, last time I was there, we launched at the really small ramp at the trailer park / resort and they charged a fee (got up to $15). Now that things are changing at Echo, where do you launch and what is the fee to launch now?
[signature]
Same boat ramp. The state owns it now so a park pass will get you in. South of the boat ramp in 25-30 feet of water will get you into the fish.
[signature]
Thanks
[signature]
I didnt find the size of perch you did, but i did locate some 12 to 15 ft of water. Plus 2 crappie. This guy I was talking to said Echo used to be full of Crappie years ago. It was a pleasant suprise.
Gabe
[signature]
I'm pretty excited to see someone with an Echo crappie! When I was in high school (a decade ago) my dad and I used to go down there and catch a bunch of them. 30-40+ fish trips. Nice slab crappies too. The water went real low one year for them to fix the dam or something and then a drought hit. We never caught them again. I figured they didn't have anywhere to spawn and went extinct so to speak.

Not very many people knew it was such a good crappie lake. Catfish for that matter too. Thanks for sharing.
[signature]
When you said "Maniac" were you talking about the lure or the fisherman?
[signature]
I went back this morning and caught 10 more crappie and a few perch. One crappie came off at the tube was a 15 incher. Gemcityslayer, i sent you a pm about Sulphur Creek. I hope you can give me some insight.
Gabe
[signature]
That is really awesome to hear you are catching numbers of crappie.

Echo is an underrated fishery.
[signature]
Thanks Glen. We got into them near the dam. Had a harder time getting into them without sonar. But did alright once we found a school. Drifting worm tipped jigs above a 3/4 oz bell sinker was the ticket! 20 to 35 feet.
[signature]
Both !!! When you fish with Maniac Lures it makes you a maniac fisherman!!! If you have never tried gizzy bugs, gazillia's, or cutter bugs, for Perch you've never had a Perch Pile. Im talking a real Perch Pile. Usually when you fish with these lures you have to decide on how many you want to fillet. Good Luck
[signature]
Good job Gabe. Maybe we will have to focus a little more on the crappie. I caught a few of them years ago in there. So I knew they were in there. But the Perch are in there so thick. That I think you are going to see another good year on Ice Fishing. I just thought I'd give a tip so people could enjoy fall fishing for Perch. Like I do. It only gets better from here on out. Send me a PM on how you do at Sulphur creek WinkWink Tight Lines
[signature]
Good to hear!!! I just noticed south of the boat ramp there are great big pockets of willows. There were big schools around each pocket of willows. You couldn't do nothing wrong if you fished right above the willows. When the schools came in I just fished on top of the school and caught the bigger 11 inchers. Good to hear from ya. Tight Lines.
[signature]