Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A HOT weekend................
......air temp hot, fishing hot, not so much. [mad]
Spent about 4 hours up at the Bear with Ahi1953 on Friday. He caught several, I caught...........nada, air temp 98.
Stayed home in the cool Saturday.
Today, wife and I got on the water at Willard south about 7:45 and using TD post from earlier this week, went out to where it was 15 to 16 fow. Headed east and not 5 minutes after our lines hitting the water, my rod with a fire tiger rat-l-trap on the end bent over and stripped line off the drag sideways. Very nice size Cat boated and into the live well. turned boat around and made another pass thru same general area.
Spent about 30 minutes circling and crossing the area, and at 8:40, wife boated a cat that was just about a twin of the first one.

Probably would have boated more, but the BUGS were INTENSE !!!! [mad] [mad] NEVER SEEN THEM AS THICK AS TODAY. Called it day about 11:30. Good call, and good timing. The bugs were #1 bad, but the power squadron was taking a close second.
[signature]
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool
[#0000FF]Glad you found a couple of playful kitties. If I had known you were going out there I would have put a mark on the water for you.[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]
[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]Bugs and power squadron...both vermin. Too bad there ain't a spray for the idiot boaters.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]
Forest, it sounds like you could have cruised along with your mouth open and have gotten a high protein meal, then you wouldn't need to mess with a couple of fish fillets.

Glad you were able to find a couple to get the adrenaline up.
rj
[signature]
You should of hooked into a decent sized cat on the Bear by now as much as you go.
[signature]
Thanks Pat. I found plenty of fish, just couldn't stand the bugs long enough. Very small, but in the millions...............new hatch I think. Wasn't any wind either. Wife was wrapped up like a Eskimo and with a head net. But anytime either of us moved slightly, the bugs would SWARM up and about drown us. [Tongue]
[signature]

Cool
[mad] yea, I sure could have ! But I was wearing my head net, and I much prefer fish protein to insect. As it is, wife has been scrubbing the bug carcasses off of her purse...............[crazy]
[signature]

Cool
"You should of hooked into a decent sized cat on the Bear by now as much as you go. "

I would have thought so. I've used same bait and just about every tactic I know for catching Cats. Just guess I'm not holding my mouth right or something. [cool]
[signature]

Cool
Ya don't take purses fishing, ya take tackle boxes
[signature]
[laugh] Richard, you know a woman rarely goes ANYWHERE without her purse. Now you and I probably carry most everything we need in our wallet. Besides, she doesn't bring her tackle box, she uses mine...........[Wink]
[signature]

Cool