Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bear River 8/11/18
Launched boat right as sun was setting in the Bird refuge and cruised up to a hole I have been doing good at. Got set up and started casting lines out and not even 5 minutes later had my first fish on, a 28" er.
Sat in the same spot for about another hour and caught 3 more 26"ers on cut bait. Things started to slow down so I moved down river and set up again in the middle of the river in about a foot of water and it was game on as soon as the lines hit the water! Ended up with 4 - 28" cats and one 29.5" er. Finally called it a night at around 1:00am.
[signature]
Great report! Sounds like the kitties are still biting there.

Mike
[signature]
A great night for cats on the Bear!!! Thanks for the report. Were you using carp as your cut bait?
[signature]
Yeah just carp meat. The bigger the piece the better to keep the little bait stealers off.
[signature]
Sounds like a fun evening! Thanks for sharing.

1 FOW! Do they go airborn when you hook them? They often do when I fish that shallow at Utah Lake.
[signature]
They do get some air time when you hook em, but you know it's a big one when they don't splash and just hug the bottom.
[signature]
That's what I see too. They hug the bottom and make like a freight train for deeper water.

Keep up the good work!
[signature]