Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jordanelle 8/13/18
Went to Jordanelle for my first time ever yesterday.
I was solo and searching for smallies.
The first spot I stopped at I started catching perch on a texas rigged craw with a 1/0 hook... So I switched gears to perch and started throwing a white crappie jig at them for some taco meat. Caught a bunch of small perch and a few keepers. When reeling in a smaller perch I had a large fish eat the perch on my line. Thought it was a muskie at first, but it kept coming back showing me that it was a big ol' smallie.
Switched gears again and started throwing everything I had with perch colors. I did manage a few decent smallmouth, nothing over 2.5-3#, but I never did get a hook into that big one.

I had the best luck with a perch colored lipless crank for catching the bass. If you want quantity this is the way to go, couldn't keep the dinks off of that. I did manage a couple nicer ones using it too.

Heading back up after work today and hope to hook up to a few big ones.
[signature]
For the first time up there sounds like you did very well. I’ve never been and if I did half as well as you I would love it. Congrats on getting into them and nice report. I hope you continue with your success and manage to to pull on a hawg!!!
[signature]
i've had a lot of luck for smallies in jordanelle, i use wacky rig always, the least amount i get is 6 fish the most i've gotten, this year, 21, i mainly go either to the south side or north side of their main entrance to fish, depending of the wind.[fishon]
[signature]
I'm taking my grandson up there this weekend, launching my kayak from the PWC ramp. Any suggestions for where to find him some perch/smallies? He's not that great a caster, so I'm thinking vertical jigging/drop shot.
[signature]
Using a kayak, I might consider launching from the Rock Cliffs road instead of the PWC ramp. You will likely be less bothered by the power squadron that way.

Find any stickups and/or weedbeds and you will find the perch, along with some smallies around the periphery.
[signature]